gee50
gee50

June 22nd, 2014, 5:08 pm #11

ROBERT: …“My basic style is realistic and I'm trying to doodle big nosed people, so that's just not me.”...

Well, I'm not the best reader in the world. But the sentence tell us, “...I'm trying to doodle big nosed people...”. But I infer, “I'm NOT trying to doodle big nosed people”. Which in fact he did draw big nose people. His style was not realistic. It was most certainly in the genera of political cartoon art.

Did someone miss quote him or am I just missing something?

By the way this guy was creepy. Anyone who goes to 4 plays of the same performance just to scan the audience to find suspects is a bit off their rocker. Yes, I am aware this is a technique used by LE. But we are talking about a cartoonist here. His phone tactics and digging through trash (verified by Mrs. Bettye June Harden) makes him all the weirder. I have just finished his first book the “Zodiac”. A great read. A creepy read... The dude new everything and keep saying so throughout his book, (and I paraphrase) “Only the Zodiac could have known that. That information was only known to the police.”

Well dahhhhhhhhh!!! RGS new it and he told us he know it. Anybody here working with LE. Have you gotten information from LE that was not already known? And if so, why did you not say so?

Get my point. Just food for thought.
Last edited by gee50 on June 22nd, 2014, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary O
Old Newbie
Mary O
Old Newbie

June 23rd, 2014, 12:55 am #12

The dude new everything and keep saying so throughout his book, (and I paraphrase) “Only the Zodiac could have known that. That information was only known to the police.”
My point exactly.  If only Zodiac and Police knew certain information, how did HE know what he did?  

gee50
gee50

June 23rd, 2014, 1:40 pm #13

An excerpt from Robert Graysmith's book, Zodiac; pages 281 to 282:

“My absurd backup plan, if the photo was a dud, was to make a copy of the note in felt-tip and tape it down to a brown clip board exactly like the one in Starr's* store. I would then go back to the store and make a switch with my copy. I knew I was a good enough artist that if I put the two side by side and moved them around Starr himself couldn't tell which was his and which was the one I brought into the store.”

*Starr as we know is ALA. But I still have to read “Zodiac Unmasked”.

SO... RGS seems to have a bit of ego. He thinks he can make perfect forgeries. Anybody think maybe it's time to jump over to the Exorcist Letter thread (or the 78) and bring up a new theory on forgeries? I bet former Detective Dave Toschi could appreciate that.
Last edited by gee50 on June 23rd, 2014, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary O
Old Newbie
Mary O
Old Newbie

June 23rd, 2014, 4:03 pm #14

Thanks for sharing that excerpt Gee50!!!

Something else that is, at the very least, curious, is the comparison of all the "eyes" peeking out the saloon in Graysmith's cartoon and the "eyes" peeking out of the woods in Zodiac's Halloween card: