August 3rd, 2011, 12:50 am #11

Vin, does Okla State play Orel Roberts again this year?

mj
VPD

August 3rd, 2011, 1:04 am #12

No mention of Stanford yet, wait ,I just mentioned them. With a little Luck, (Andrew, that is), they could be in the thick of it.

August 3rd, 2011, 1:53 am #13

No mention of Stanford yet, wait ,I just mentioned them. With a little Luck, (Andrew, that is), they could be in the thick of it.
GO TREE!!!
If Gyke Isn't Zodiac - I'll Eat My Hat

Vindog
DOJ

August 4th, 2011, 4:36 pm #14

Vin, does Okla State play Orel Roberts again this year?
LOL...no but they do play Tulsa!!

Vindog
DOJ

August 4th, 2011, 4:46 pm #15

Luck is an awesome QB or sure...but one man doesn't make a team.Not only have the Cardinal lost receivers Ryan Whalen and Doug Baldwin and three starting offensive linemen, they've also lost several key pieces on defense.They've also lost their head coach Jim Harbaugh, who left to coach the San Francisco 49ers.Harbaugh also took their defensive coordinator with him.So with losing the headcoach two good receivers and their defensive coordinator, Luck will have to deal with an inexperienced reciever corp, an overhaul of the offensive line, a new head coach, which will mean ALOT of changes and also a new defensive coordinator. It will be tough to out score the opposition (which has always been Stanford's MO), and with a new philosophy in defense, it will make it extremely tough to win using the "we will score more than the opposition" approach.Will they be a good team...yeah probably..a BCS contender? Highly unlikely.

Vindog
DOJ

August 4th, 2011, 4:48 pm #16

Here's an article I'm sure caresut will like to blast me for lol..http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7695 ... ook-big-12

caresut
VPD

August 4th, 2011, 5:40 pm #17

That is a homer article if ever I read one. Lets talk atthe end of the season, or after your Wildcats homecominggame Heck, it's college football and it is always crazy and unpredictable.But this article, IMHO, is takin crazy a little too far.You should be worrying about Eastern Kentucky and Kent State insteadof daydreaming about a Big 12 title.

Vindog
DOJ

August 4th, 2011, 7:58 pm #18

LMFAO...i knew you'd love that! hahaha Hey I didn't write the article!IMHO you're prolly right! hahahaIf not for the Brown brothers I wouldn't have any hope at all to be honest.Going to the 4-3 will def. help out our stopping the run and our secondary will be awesome. Our problem will be if we can score enough to win.Oh and I lost our bet last year so I must end this with the signature...Boomer Sooner(you don't know how much that killed me inside...well at least you guys scheduled Ball State...hehehe)PS- at least we spank Texas on a regular basis ;). you guys should be thanking us for that!!

August 5th, 2011, 11:27 am #19

Gonna have to side with Wood and mj here. Stanford should be awesome with new coach Harbaugh and Luck at QB. In fact, I'll pick them right now over Cal in the Big Game. Penn State will not be a factor in the Big 10 this year. One of their QBs just left the team (Newsome). Maybe he can latch on with K-State.

Vindog
DOJ

August 5th, 2011, 4:23 pm #20

Harbaugh bolted for the 49'ers...but since his offensive coordinator stayed there should be some continuity. I'd be more concerned he lost his top two recievers, so IMHO (hehe), if they play up to par the offense could be in good shape. The defense will be their big question mark as always. Stanford's always been able to score. The question is can they score enough to win.As for Cal, with them being ranked 54th preseason I think I'll JUMP out on that limb too VD and say Stanford will win. The problem Stanford has is that of course the conference winner will make the BCS but then there's only so many at-large bids. And TONS of other teams across the country to fill them.Will they be good....as I said above sure! BCS bowl this year? I don't think so.The new defensive coordinator bothers me too as well.Boomer Sooner (damn you Carey)