11:21 AM - Apr 24, 2013 #11

Welcome to the forum Xetron! And others above I missed as well.

5:05 AM - May 12, 2013 #12

Hey I'm Niroe, I am from the West Coast of the US, 23 years old and married with three kids. I play and enjoy many, many genres of games but my one true love is inarguably the RPG. My favorite games are the mass effect trilogy(don't ask me to choose which one) The witcher 2 and Skyrim however, these may be susceptible to change when The Witcher 3 and cyberpunk 2077 come out. I began playing games on the SNES with Super Mario world when I was three and got into RPG's at nine with Final Fantasy 7 and Star Ocean The Second Story. I prefer to really engross myself into games when I play them, roleplaying heavily when the game permits and love when I can become emotionally attached to the story and characters. I find it amazing at how much we can learn and experience from fictional characters and I think that is my main motivation to game. I first discovered Zemalf about a year ago from his Skyrim lets play and have since then watched all of that, The witcher 1 and 2 and Fallout as well as bits and pieces of other series. I play on Xbox 360 currently but am looking forward to getting a gaming PC when finances permit. My wife and I jut recently got rid of our cable and have been trying to watch an episode of some of your lets play's each night, so I thank you Zemalf for essentially becoming my new cable provider

I hope to meet some engrossing individuals who share the same love of games that I do and my wife and I look forward to Future let's plays, specifically Skyrim series 2 and The Mass Effect trilogy!

5:29 PM - May 13, 2013 #13

Niroe wrote:have been trying to watch an episode of some of your lets play's each night, so I thank you Zemalf for essentially becoming my new cable provider
Hehe, you're welcome Niroe - and welcome to the forums

12:34 PM - Aug 28, 2013 #14

Hello! I'm Pedro, Portuguese, 21 years old and I live in Germany. I really like Zemalf's Let's Play videos and as I saw the forum, why wouldn't I join it?

I love Roleplaying Games and I love to immerse myself in the games and to think as a character. My english isn't the better as I mix everything with German - a language that I'm still learning everyday but I can speak it quite good, I'm here since November 2009.

I'm actually playing Skyrim with some mods. After being inspired by Zemalf, I created a character and I will write about it and do some RP.

So that's it. I guess I don't have anything more interesting to say.

3:09 PM - Aug 28, 2013 #15

Welcome ProfetaPT / Pedro! If you end up doing some RP writing, make sure to tell us about that here at the forum.

5:01 AM - Sep 28, 2013 #16

Greetings to all.

I'm TheDenizen, from Toronto Canada...been a gamer since the early days of Vic20's and Atari 2600's.

I play all kinds of games, but fantasy RPGs have always been my faves...from the earliest text-based dungeon crawlers to King's Quest, Phantasy Star, Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Miracle Warriors, the Ultima Series, TES: Arena, all the way up to Dragon Quest VIII, Okami, Dragon's Age, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc etc. I'm forgetting a bunch I'm sure, but you get the idea. I was also heavy into pen and paper RPGs for pretty much all of the 90s, playing AD&D and Rolemaster extensively. I loved the idea of RP and always tried to really get into the character I was playing as.

I've played an absolute TON of Skyrim, finishing the main quest 4 or 5 times with completely different character builds, totaling somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 or 800 hours. Keep in mind, this is the vanilla game on PS3...I've got all the DLC, but no mods...and I still can't get enough. It was in my continuing quest to find new ways to enjoy Skyrim that I discovered Zemalf and his YouTube channel.

I had been watching lots of different Skyrim Let's Plays...I'd watch one or two videos to get a feel for the gamer's style, and I found very few Let's Players who were playing Skyrim in a way I really liked. Of the dozens of Let's Players that I sampled, I only ended up watching a significant number of videos from 4 people...one of those is Zemalf, and in the month since I discovered his channel, I've watched every Ulik video and about a third of the Yngvarr videos. I've even watched many videos of a bunch of games I've never played, just because I like Zemalf's style.

I tip my hat to you Zemalf, you are the king of RP.

I've joined up with the forum for two reasons:

1) I don't have an active YouTube account for various reasons, so while I can watch Zemalf's videos I can't comment on them...so I wanted to tell Zemalf how much I enjoy his work in a place where he's likely to see it. I can appreciate the amount of work that goes into making your videos...recording, editing and uploading must take a ton of time that you could be spending playing more games...but I'm so glad you make that sacrifice for your viewers. The amount of thought and detail you put into your Skyrim characters is obvious, and the running in-character commentary is brilliant stuff, better than anyone else I've seen. Your RPs are perfectly paced, entertaining and inspiring. When I realized that you had put the same amount of work into so many different games, I was blown away. Amazing. I'm really looking forward to more of Ulik's tale, and watching the rest of the Yngvarr videos....hours of fun. Thank you.

2) I noticed the Creative Writing subforum.

I found Zemalf's channel for the first time right as the Ulik Let's Play was starting up...I had been considering starting Skyrim again with a new character, and the awesome intro video for Ulik's story inspired me to write up a complete history/background for the character I wanted to play. I had so much fun doing that, I decided to keep writing, and I've been keeping a detailed in-character journal of my character's adventures as I play them.

I started it purely for my own enjoyment, but I've been posting it in bits and pieces on another forum. That is more of a general gaming site, so I thought I might post it here as well. I think the sort of people who enjoy Zemalf's videos might have fun reading it.

I hope that's cool with you Zemalf, and I hope to see some of the rest of you around the forums.

12:44 PM - Sep 30, 2013 #17

Hi and welcome to the forums TheDenizen You are more then welcome to post your writing in the creatives part, that is why it is there
404 - The following signature cannot be shown. But dont worry, a team of highly trained monkeys The_Illyrian_RTW have been dispatched to deal with the situation. Just sit tight.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiK5LJmCFByvAJWGUbPIgQw - T-rod

8:50 PM - Sep 30, 2013 #18

excellent, and thanks for the welcome!