Ideas for an Ocarina of Time mod

6:16 AM - Feb 28, 2016 #1

Ideas:
- Link's mother could somehow be incorporated into the story.
- The King of Hyrule would be cool to mention too since we never got to learn too much about him. There doesn't have to be an NPC for the King, but he could be incorporated into the story.
- You know how, when you are sneaking into Hyrule Castle, there is that area that looks like this? This could be changed and the gate would open, leading into Hyrule Castle. The animation for the gate could be taken from the one in Hyrule Field.

Explanations for mysteries/unanswered questions in Ocarina of Time could be added. Some mysteries could be introduced in the beginning of the mod to make players want to find out more. Examples of this would be those claw marks from Lake Hylia, that alcove in Zora's Domain, and the reason why the triforce was left behind where the three spiritual sages departed.

Another plot point could be a reason for why that boulder is infinitely rolling in the area where Young Link gets the Kokiri Sword. Maybe some giant threw it in there, or maybe the Boulder was originally from Death Mountain but, because it was cursed, the Gorons did not want it so they threw it in Kokiri Village.

The area past the crawl hole in Kokiri Village could also be changed. Young Link gets the Kokiri Sword in the treasure chest, turns around, takes the first left, goes straight, and there is a small corner. This specific area I am referencing is hard to put into words, but maybe it could continue into a different path.

Making small changes to the game is something players usually appreciate. Changing basic textures or adding some new colors may look better than keeping the same ones from OoT's final version. One change that I have seen in the past is where modders create new rupee icons at the bottom left of the screen. Small elements like this are nice to see. Also, if you are adding in beta elements, I would either take a poll to see if people want the Sword on the A button or make an extra option that would the game. It would be harder to add in the option but I guess it would satisfy both sides. A lot of these additions would actually take a lot of time to add, or they could be changed so that it would take less time to add it.

I was going to go all-out and make an OoT mod, but ultimately decided against it. These are some of the ideas that I was considering. Because I never ended up using them, I thought that I might as well give them to other people (just make sure to credit me if you use them).
Last edited by Everlith on 6:24 AM - Feb 28, 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User
Deleted User

8:57 AM - Feb 28, 2016 #2

Does modding the game include changing core things from the original ?

2:09 PM - Feb 28, 2016 #3

avk111 wrote:Does modding the game include changing core things from the original ?
Unless you are creating an animation/texture that is entirely new, then yes. You can replace or remove the default textures and cutscenes to change the original story too.

12:35 AM - Sep 25, 2016 #4

I think I know a way to make the King Dodongo fight just a bit harder, but it depends on how his path is set, as I have no idea. I was thinking that after you hit him the first time, he would then roll up a ramp, said ramp being blocked by fire to prevent Link from running up it as well. Instead he would have to do a little playforming on the wall to get up to the next floor and continue the fight, but there are also some lava pits and holes that slide you back down. The fight goes to a third floor after the second hit and then he is defeated after the third hit.

I've also thought of a gauntlet type thing similar to the Gerudo Training Ground, but not. This one has only fights, but they are pretty hard to make it worthy of the prize at the end, a Piece of Heart or Heart Container. I've actually designed the scene for it already, I just need to touch up the collisions, create each room as separate files, and add the actors. It's going to be part of my mod which I've named Project Crystal for now. I do have an actual title, but seeing how it's nowhere close to having basically anything done, I'm sticking with project.

One last thing is if it's possible to import actors from MM into OoT, then I would use the Garo, Garo Master, Grimoss, and Wizzrobe as well as mini-bosses/enemies. Also that walking Beamos.
They say that the Hero of Time lived on after his journey, but what happened for the rest of his life? Some say he died in battle, some say he married Malon, others say he stayed in Kokiri Forest despite growing older. What is the true answer? The answer will be revealed soon.

4:16 AM - Dec 21, 2016 #5

As a modding community, we should all try to make a big project that I would consider to be the Super Mario 64: Last Impact of OOT modding. It would be bloody awesome to have transformation masks incorporated into Ocarina Of Time and time travel between present and future in Majora's Mask. I'm no expert with game design and know nothing about modding so I'm not like SUGGESTING that it is indeed possible but you never know until you figure out the documents in the engine and how they work.

7:22 AM - Dec 21, 2016 #6

Zelda Anime wrote:As a modding community, we should all try to make a big project that I would consider to be the Super Mario 64: Last Impact of OOT modding. It would be bloody awesome to have transformation masks incorporated into Ocarina Of Time and time travel between present and future in Majora's Mask. I'm no expert with game design and know nothing about modding so I'm not like SUGGESTING that it is indeed possible but you never know until you figure out the documents in the engine and how they work.
i already know the documents in the engine and how most of them work. The problem is that the bulk of the community doesn't.

2:19 AM - Mar 03, 2017 #7

I've always wanted to visit the Unicorn Fountain

1:40 PM - Mar 05, 2017 #8

I could create a modular dungeon kit which has a bunch of rooms that can be connected to make dungeons. If you need models, I am your guy, just know that I'm not going to go through the hassle of importing anything LOL. If you need sword, shield, other items or even characters I'd be willing to make models. Just give me concept art and I will make it.
The question is not why, the question is why not.

- Join the Zelda Chat

9:00 PM - Apr 29, 2017 #9

A mini mod where you play as the guard who opened the gate during Zelda and Impa's escape. As a Hylian guard you only have two hearts and no magic. Hyrule castle is on lock down during Ganondorf's revolt, and you are tasked with navigating the castle that's infested with monsters as you help the Princess escape. The final task is fighting a one hit k.o. Iron Knuckle in order to reach the gate lever. After doing so, the scene fades to black and narrates how the guard's sacrifice saves Hyrule in the end.