Dolphin Booster

July 5th, 2015, 9:23 pm #1

So many people want to play games on dolphin but have problems getting a decent framerate. well here's a solution (This may not work with all custom dolphin builds. Results also vary depending on settings)

1. Open notepad

2. Paste this into it:
@echo off
title dolphin booster
taskkill /im explorer.exe
start /HIGH Dolphin.exe
start explorer.exe
exit

3. Save as a .bat fin in the dolphin directory.

4. Run the .bat file and there you go. You may not be able to play with stunning graphics or anything but you can play with a decent framerate.
The question is not why, the question is why not.

- Join the Zelda Chat

July 5th, 2015, 9:46 pm #2

All this does is stop Explorer.exe from running and set Dolphin to a high proceeds priority.

This is generally used to fix older games incorrect colour palette issues.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage. - Hero's Shade, Twilight Princess

July 5th, 2015, 10:01 pm #3

Interesting. I wonder who thought about using it for this because someone else told me about this.

- Join the Zelda Chat

July 6th, 2015, 1:58 am #4

It shuts down explorer. This frees up cpu use and ran use, so it will of course boost game performance. Razers Game Booster does the same thing, but kills more unneeded services.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage. - Hero's Shade, Twilight Princess

July 7th, 2015, 12:12 am #5

Sylux102 wrote:It shuts down explorer. This frees up cpu use and ran use, so it will of course boost game performance. Razers Game Booster does the same thing, but kills more unneeded services.
I usually do it manually.
Official Creator of The Legend of Zelda: Dimensional Rift. Project Hero of Hyrule [HoH]

July 7th, 2015, 2:08 am #6

This is merely for the lazy or unknowledgeable.

July 7th, 2015, 10:04 am #7

Does this even still help with modern Dolphin builds, considering how they've gotten quite a bit faster over the last year or two anyway? For example, with yesterday's 4.0-6959, I can run Wind Waker at full speed (from what I've seen so far, playing from the start up to Dragon Roost Cavern) at pretty much all times, even on my so-so old-ish system.

That said, I can't run it at much higher than native resolution, nor does every game run as fast as WW does, so I guess it couldn't hurt to try this...
Last edited by xdaniel on July 7th, 2015, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 7th, 2015, 5:07 pm #8

Iv'e tried it with 3.0 - 4.0-6469 and I have seen some improvement. even on my computer I can run TP at full speed (other than hyrule field which even lags on actual hardware)

- Join the Zelda Chat