Information: With the imminent closure of ZetaBoards this forum has unfortunately closed.

In the meantime, check out The Lightweb:

[url]http://s15.zetaboards.com/TheLightweb/index/ [/url]

Best Wishes,

Steve

Staff

Bruxoelle
Bruxoelle

January 6th, 2018, 8:44 am #1

What do you look for in staff/moderators on your forum?

Coming Soon!

mewtwo
mewtwo

January 6th, 2018, 8:48 am #2

I would look for someone who is mature, friendly and active. But also someone who can make decisions.

Bry.
Bry.

January 6th, 2018, 10:09 am #3

I agree with what mewtwo said but I have another thing in mind regarding this... anyone that has had staff experience on other forums in the past, where I would ask about what credentials they hold and such. Just so that they know what they're doing once I think about employing them. One member on my forum has had 15 years experience under her belt and she's been a great addition to the team :)

Join us, and may the holy panda god bless you forever.

The Sniper
The Sniper

January 6th, 2018, 11:38 am #4

Yes like Bry said experience is a good one I think. And activity and you need to be able to trust them.

Mozzie
Mozzie

January 7th, 2018, 5:23 am #5

Helpful, friendly, and show an interest in the board by being active, i don't ask my staff to spend their lives on mine, but participating is something i look for, if not, they won't last long, like it isn't to much to ask really

junkbot
Recently Registered
junkbot
Recently Registered

January 29th, 2018, 9:01 pm #6

Staff members on forums should be active and objective and role models. A lot of staff members forget that at the end of the day they are members too and they become too formal. Other staff members don't know when their friends on a forum should receive a warning for breaking the rules or being rude. At the end of the day a staff members is just a member. I never understood the whole idea of 'OMG I am/was a staff member at such and such forum'. All it means is that you were active and trustworthy. Staff members at forums such as the support forum and other resource forum should be paid. Otherwise they don't get any satisfaction for filling a request or offering support. It's unpaid labour. I understand staff members that are just mods they do it because they like it, but otherwise they need to receive something for their help, unless of course they just want to help.

At the end of the day a staff members should be someone trustworthy and who wants to do the job and be of benefit in some way to the forum, and who also understands their duties, but also know that it's all just fun.
For awesome ZetaBoards Resources check out ZetaBoards Pro!
ZetaBoards Pro / ZetaBoards Chrome