Moderators: Dynamo Support, Moderator

Advanced Awards System

5:09 PM - Aug 10, 2014 #1

Creation Date: November 2009
Name: Advanced Awards System
Description: Adds awards to user's mini profiles (only in posts at the moment). When hovering over these awards, it will show a description of it and the date received in a tooltip.
Code Placement: Admin CP >> Themes >> Board Template >> Below the Board
Code:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
// Created by Viral of Viral's Modifications - http://viralsmods.com
var t_award = {
name : "Awards",
thumbnail : [20, 20],
closeFunction : "fade",
users : [
[user id,"award name","award image","award description","award date"],
[user id,"award name","award image","award description","award date"]
]
};
//]]>
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://z3.ifrm.com/142/141/0/p502352/awards.js"></script>
Notes:

name : "Awards", - You can change "Awards" to whatever you want to call it, be it achievements, or whatever. Just make sure you wrap it with speech marks " and have a comma after the last speech mark.

thumbnail : [20,20], - These are the dimensions of the thumbnail versions of the award images. Change the first 20 to the width, and the second 20 the height.

closeFunction : "remove", - This is the animation used when you move your mouse out of the image (when hiding the information box). You can set this to either: "remove" (no animation) or "fade" (fades out) or "slide" (slides upwards). Once again, it must be wrapped with speech marks, and there must be a comma after the last speech mark.

Each award is set out like:

You can add as many as you want after each other, which will automatically award someone. If you remove the award from the script, it will be removed from all of their posts as well. Note how each part is wrapped with speech marks besides the user id. User ID is the number you see in the URL when viewing their profile. For example, my account here has a user id of 230248. After each award, their should be a comma (after the closing square bracket ]). However, you do not put a comma at the end of the last award. Think of it as a list, use commas after each one, but not the last.

When filling out the information, put a backslash in front of all apostrophes and speech marks (besides the ones wrapping it). So, ' changes to \' and " changes to \". Last but not least, you cannot use line breaks (hitting the enter/ return key). If you need a line break, use \n instead, and that will be replaced by a real line break on the forum.

I realise that's a lot to take in, so if anything goes wrong, just post here :) .
Last edited by Viral on 5:58 PM - Aug 10, 2014, edited 4 times in total.

5:24 PM - Aug 10, 2014 #2

Is this the EXACT code that Dynamo Awards will have?

5:43 PM - Aug 10, 2014 #3

No, Dynamo will improve on this one (I created this 5 years ago so it's not all that efficient/ nice to look at etc).

4:43 AM - Aug 11, 2014 #4

Viral wrote:No, Dynamo will improve on this one (I created this 5 years ago so it's not all that efficient/ nice to look at etc).
So will it be more like Quozzo's awards? Where there is a page dedicated to the Awards?

2:57 PM - Aug 11, 2014 #5

Undecided.

4:52 PM - Nov 09, 2014 #6

Great code still working perfectly.

Born To Be A Winner

12:22 AM - Dec 26, 2014 #7

I've been informed that for some users (one right now but I've encountered this in the past) the awards block appears in both the main postbit block (with posts, join date, etc.) and in the additional profile fields postbit block (with added profile fields like where forum url is here).

Like I said, I've seen this in the past and feel like there was something to add that fixed this issue but that's been a few years ago and I can't remember/don't have access to whatever that fix was. Any ideas what could be causing this and what can be done to fix it?

Opening Saturday, June 13, at 6 PM Eastern.

1:15 PM - Dec 26, 2014 #8

Hmm. If that's the case, then this might solve it:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
// Created by Viral of Viral's Modifications - http://viralsmods.com
var t_award = {
name : "Awards",
thumbnail : [20, 20],
closeFunction : "fade",
users : [
[user id,"award name","award image","award description","award date"]
]
};
//]]>
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://z3.ifrm.com/142/141/0/p508917/advancedawards_base.js"></script>
advancedawards_base.js (2.89 KiB)
Last edited by Viral on 1:16 PM - Dec 26, 2014, edited 1 time in total.

8:16 PM - Dec 26, 2014 #9

That didn't show the cards/awards at all.

It's not a big deal though. I see you're working on a new version to work with Dynamo anyways.
Last edited by Geoffrey on 8:16 PM - Dec 26, 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Opening Saturday, June 13, at 6 PM Eastern.

5:49 AM - May 23, 2015 #10

You can add as many as you want after each other, which will automatically award someone. If you remove the award from the script, it will be removed from all of their posts as well. Note how each part is wrapped with speech marks besides the user id.
Last edited by Viral on 5:12 PM - May 23, 2015, edited 1 time in total.