250+ Posts Member

May 12th, 2009, 8:52 am #1

Favourite Grass Type Starter

Total votes: 18
4(22%)
3(17%)
6(33%)
5(28%)

Please choose your favourite grass type starter Pokemon and vote whether you have played Pokemon or not just judge them by appearance or by experience or even by the descriptions that are posted below these words

#1 Venusaur [Grass/Poison] type

Evolutionary line:->->

Physiology

Venusaur is considerably larger and heavier than both of its pre-evolution cousins, and as such it moves slower than the two. However, it also has an incredible leap for such a heavy Pokémon, and it's able to dodge attacks and jump across close rock formations. Its only downside is that its weight causes a small quake as it lands, which can break the platform its trying to land on, or cause it to get buried in mud or sand. Its special attacks are faster than ever, as the plant on its back has now reached its final stage and flowered.

Gender differences

The female has a "seed" protruding from its flower; possibly representing a fertile or pregnant Venusaur.

#2 Meganium [Grass] type

Physiology

Meganium is a sauropod-like Pokémon. Instead of having a leaf coming out of its head, like its two previous evolutions, Chikorita and Bayleef, it has two stamen-like protrusions sprouting from the top of its nose, each with what looks like its own anther. The leaves around its neck seem to have sprouted into a large pink flower with white tips. The aroma emanating from Meganium's petals soothes anyone that comes in contact with it. It calms aggressive feelings. In battle, Meganium uses this scent to calm its opponent and remove any desire for it to fight, giving it the upper hand. Meganium's breath has the power to revive dead grass and plants.

Gender differences

A female Meganium has shorter antennae.

#3 Sceptile [Grass] type

Physiology

Sceptile is based off of a lizard. Sceptile is the final evolution of the Treecko family. Sceptile has six nodules on its back (like those on leguminous plants able to take in nitrogen from the air) and a palm-tree-branch-like tail. It can leap through trees with ease making it to be the fastest Pokémon in the forest. Sceptile is also known as the "King of the Forest" because of its fast leaping skill. Also, being a Pokémon bearing seeds bursting with nutrients, it can perfect moves such as SolarBeam and Synthesis, and it is a Pokémon with dragon-like characteristics, so it can learn Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw and DragonBreath.

Gender differences

None.

#4 Torterra [Grass/Ground] type

Physiology

Their bodies are bulky and seem to be too big for their shells. Their bulk no longer allows them to withdraw into their shells as easily as they could as Turtwig, though it gives a sufficient amount of protection from foes. When immobile, they look as if they are part of the ground upon which they rest, not as though they were a sleeping Pokémon. Because of this appearance, there are occasions when small Pokémon will gather and build nests on the shell of a stationary Torterra, who don't seem to notice or mind. When Torterra do move, they often move in herds in search of water. These herds give the impression of a moving forest.

Gender differences

None.

I'm aware that I started off with grass what some people prefer to call the worst of the starter types or the ugliest but you must have a favourite I shall be doing Fire type next IF this topic gets lots of votes and posts but only if this one does well the one after Fire type will be Water

Zackraa and Marsh the level 43 Swampert!
[/center]
ZA Supporters User Bar wrote:

Code: Select all

[URL=http://www.zanime.info/index/][IMG]http://z3.ifrm.com/49/8/0/f350007/zauserbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

ZachsAnomaly

May 12th, 2009, 4:44 pm #2

I like Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur's a KYATTAY. >/

Needs moar kitty.

The rest are all turtles.. with/without shells. >> Also one of the first grass Pokémon I ever liked.
I'm not really a fan of grass types at all.. oO

:sleepypika:

Reikon

May 12th, 2009, 6:07 pm #3

My favorite starter grass type is Bulbasaur but I dont like Venasaur
if I were to pick my fave fully evolved starter it would be Torterra because I have one ^.^

Also my team of Crobat and Torterra alows my Torterra to use earthquake without damaging my Crobat
Last edited by Reikon on May 13th, 2009, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[RPGData:1246|9|320|320|235|235|277|275|Dragon Sword|Dragon Armor|Ranger|24424|None|None|91|0|1|0|None|8|None|Knights of the Round Table]

solking
750+ Posts Member
750+ Posts Member

May 12th, 2009, 10:37 pm #4

For me its a tough decision but I'm gonna go with Torterra. Other than having amazing defense, its two types (grass/ground) can cover each other weaknesses. And if it were to face a pokemon that could do serious damage it has the defense to withstand attacks and learn attacks that can do some serious damage. I used to like Venusaur for the same reason but the ground type certainly works better than poison.

Merciless_Cult
100+ Posts Member
100+ Posts Member

May 13th, 2009, 11:14 pm #5

Sceptile all the way dude Im sorry, but those dragon attacks pwn!
Ain't Afraid To Die For What I've Done

No More Sorrow In This Merciless Cult I'm Giving In
[RPGData:350|1|25|25|8|8|5|4|None|None|Assassin|0|None|None|0|0|0|0|None|0|None|None]

May 14th, 2009, 5:28 am #6

I voted for Sceptile!. Mostly cause I actually like the Hoenn games better cause the Pokémon look more realistic, don't get me wrong, I love the first Generation too and the fourth!, But out of all the Grass Starters I would have to say I like Sceptile the most!.

Though I don't really like Grass Starters o o', I always go with the Fire Types in every Pokémon game I've ever had!. :hoho:

Sorry to say this but, NONE, I PREFER FIRE TYPES OVER THE WEAKLING GRASS!, FIRE TYPES RULE >:[ , yet I don't want to tell you it's wrong to like/love Grass type starters, That's just the type I like, you don't have to like it if you don't wanna <3
Click my Eggs~!

May 14th, 2009, 6:25 am #7

Am gonna have to say Meganium, would have said Venasaur cuz I like the classic first pokemons, but this one looks cuter, plus my first serious pokemon game was Gold and I picked Chikorita as my starter ^///^

Cheers

Akeru

May 14th, 2009, 6:12 pm #8

Meganium couse it r sexy :D~

Angelscor1211

May 18th, 2009, 5:40 pm #9

I love Meganium MOST =DDDDDDD its cutest of all XD
ANGEL IN THE MOON <3

Zackraa
250+ Posts Member
250+ Posts Member

May 23rd, 2009, 1:09 am #10

this poll will be up until the 26th on this month so.. by this posts date 4 more days

Zackraa and Marsh the level 43 Swampert!
[/center]
ZA Supporters User Bar wrote:

Code: Select all

[URL=http://www.zanime.info/index/][IMG]http://z3.ifrm.com/49/8/0/f350007/zauserbar.png[/IMG][/URL]