Your opinion would be appreciated .....................

Your opinion would be appreciated .....................

March 19th, 2017, 9:28 pm #1

What do you think would be the easiest and cheapest change we could make to level the playing field for the HFT PCP and Piston classes???
Equipment does allow advantages and most likely always will, but what change do you think would make the most difference. Would appreciate just one answer from the list below but if you have other ideas please express them. There is no plan by me to ask for any changes but just curious as to what others think about this subject. Been a long winter!

1. Allow rangefinders
2. Allow higher power scopes like Open or WFTF
3. Allow clicking
4. Allow straight jackets
5. Allow attached bipods
6. Use 2 point for Kill or 1 point for face plate hit
7. Don't make the Hunter shooter go first all the time
8. Have a dollar value on air rifles that everyone could afford.(Example $1000)
9. No changes needed! We are happy the way it is?
Last edited by dayjd2 on March 19th, 2017, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 19th, 2017, 9:58 pm #2

#9 (nft)

March 19th, 2017, 10:18 pm #3

What do you think would be the easiest and cheapest change we could make to level the playing field for the HFT PCP and Piston classes???
Equipment does allow advantages and most likely always will, but what change do you think would make the most difference. Would appreciate just one answer from the list below but if you have other ideas please express them. There is no plan by me to ask for any changes but just curious as to what others think about this subject. Been a long winter!

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
No 2. And oh ya number 2. Nt

March 19th, 2017, 10:34 pm #4

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
and everyone shoots sub 12 ftlbs

March 19th, 2017, 10:49 pm #5

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
No dog in this fight but I say #2

March 19th, 2017, 11:35 pm #6

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
My opinion is to leave Hunter PCP as is. I don't see 12 power max as a major issue considering how flat these rifles shoot. For me getting better at kneeling and standing would have a much greater impact on my score.
Piston guns are a different story. Most experienced shooters seem to set up their springers around 12 foot pounds which makes ranging at 40 yards and up pretty critical. 12 foot pounds combined with 12x ranging leads to a lot of frustration. I believe Hunter Piston would be more fun and better represented with the 12x rule gone.
Also, we all want the sport to grow and thrive. The start up costs of a pcp rifle, scope, tank or pump is daunting to many people who might otherwise take the plunge. Seems to me it might be an easier sell for a newcomer to start with a decent springer and a scope with enough magnification to provide accurate range finding. There is less money required up front, and probably more success early in the learning process.

March 20th, 2017, 12:46 am #7

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
#9 It's two different classes. Why do we need to level the playing field. They DO NOT compete in the same class!!!
Last edited by BradVanpool on March 20th, 2017, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 20th, 2017, 1:49 am #8

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
#4, but no lobotomys, please......nt

March 20th, 2017, 2:38 am #9

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
Springers and PCPs are not intended to compete head to head. Leave the present rules alone and just boost the power in your springers if 12 foot lbs. is causing a problem for you.

March 20th, 2017, 3:20 am #10

1. Allow rangefinders
3. Allow clicking
5. Allow attached bipods
#9 nt
Last edited by SpringerEd on March 20th, 2017, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.