Yo Greg, here's da Ranchero PFT EXTREME!!! - PICS

Yo Greg, here's da Ranchero PFT EXTREME!!! - PICS

June 4th, 2011, 3:44 am #1

It's been set up with some custom bits thanks to Boomer Mikey as well as a carbine air tube...it'll roll from about 6fpe to 18fpe with the flick of a switch and capable of nickel sized groups at 50yards!!!

Whatcha think, I may actually shoot some local FT matches with it?!?!

Regards,

El Diablo

June 4th, 2011, 4:04 am #2

cant be setup to shoot with in the required power limits. You change that alot From what it was.

It is what it is, because it is!!!

June 4th, 2011, 4:12 am #3

I have the Picatinny Rail so I can swap optics to "Conform" as needed...the muzzle weight Boomer Made is just for keeping hands outta the way given long air tube and fore end...Wanted to set it up so it can "Adapt" to various "Rules Environments"...as pictured, I could only use it in FT against rifles in local/nor cal PFT Matches!

I still have the original Pistol Stock and 12x Max Hawke Scope that I used at 2009 Nationals to swap in a couple minutes!!!

Some clubs don't allow any knee riser or a forend that is below the trigger guard(makes for an interesting argument if you have a one piece wood stock that has an integrated wood trigger guard or one of the fancy Peter Built PFT Stocks that have a very generous "belly" to them...wonder if folks are gonna play hardball when those guns show up at matches!!!

Regards,

Tony

June 4th, 2011, 5:15 am #4

You know that was kinda what I was hinting at below. How the PFT class quickly went from shoot whateva to well "WE" want only this stuff allowed..

It is what it is, because it is!!!

June 4th, 2011, 5:22 am #5

As the MAC1 T Brake makes the Overall Barrel Length over 15"!!! Ya know how that T-Brake will make the 1377 shoot like a 20fpe USFT!!!

Regards,

Tony

June 4th, 2011, 5:48 am #6

I have the Picatinny Rail so I can swap optics to "Conform" as needed...the muzzle weight Boomer Made is just for keeping hands outta the way given long air tube and fore end...Wanted to set it up so it can "Adapt" to various "Rules Environments"...as pictured, I could only use it in FT against rifles in local/nor cal PFT Matches!

I still have the original Pistol Stock and 12x Max Hawke Scope that I used at 2009 Nationals to swap in a couple minutes!!!

Some clubs don't allow any knee riser or a forend that is below the trigger guard(makes for an interesting argument if you have a one piece wood stock that has an integrated wood trigger guard or one of the fancy Peter Built PFT Stocks that have a very generous "belly" to them...wonder if folks are gonna play hardball when those guns show up at matches!!!

Regards,

Tony
PRB Gun

Thanks,
---Richard

[/IMG]
.[/IMG]
.[/IMG]

June 4th, 2011, 5:54 am #7

Feburary 2010

Diablo Pistol Field Target Rules

Course:

The course would be from 10-35 yards with a recommended difficulty level of ~25T. (~1.5inch target at 35yards)
Course is to contain at least one forced position lane, preferably 3 or more. Forced position is defined as Off-hand or kneeling.

Gun:

15 Maximum Barrel Length (Barrel Length defined as measured from tip of bolt probe/closed breech to end of actual barrel, muzzle brakes, sight extensions, etc. are not included in the measurement)
Energy level to be between 6-12fpe. With a recommended power level of >8fpe.
No Butt stocks. Forearms must be above the bottom of the trigger guard. The pistol grip/stock must allow for a full range of movement at the wrist joint.
Scope mag limited to 12x. No >25x mag scopes allowed even if turned down.
Lasers and Red dots are allowed but are counted as a scope.

Shooting Position:

The gun is to be supported solely by the hand(s) and one leg/knee/elbow. Gun, hands and wrist are not to be supported by the body, straps, rods or surrounding objects. No other part of the body may be used as support or touch the pistol.
No artificial aids this includes Shooting Jackets, Straps, Slings, Harnesses, Shooting gloves, Sticks, Thigh-pods or Gyros.
Knee pad is allowed provided it does not have "ears" greater that 1/2".
Bum bags are allowed with a maximum height of 6".
Range finding, Clicking or holdover is allowed.

Time Limit:

Time is limited to 5 minute per lane. Time starts when your butt hits the cushion.

It'll be interesting to see how your forearm/stock is viewed...Personally I don't have a problem with it and I can't wait to see that rig in person and shoot it!!!

Regards,

Tony

June 4th, 2011, 6:08 am #8

I have a 10" barrel on it now at 9.5 fpe, will be getting a 12" barrel next week.
just to see what FPE I will get out of it.
The gun only weighs 2.7 pounds without scope and rings.

Thanks,
---Richard

June 4th, 2011, 6:14 am #9

Shooting Nekked is no big deal, do it all the time with USFTs!!! Let me know how it turns out accuracy and power wise!

Regards,

Tony

June 4th, 2011, 10:55 am #10

Feburary 2010

Diablo Pistol Field Target Rules

Course:

The course would be from 10-35 yards with a recommended difficulty level of ~25T. (~1.5inch target at 35yards)
Course is to contain at least one forced position lane, preferably 3 or more. Forced position is defined as Off-hand or kneeling.

Gun:

15 Maximum Barrel Length (Barrel Length defined as measured from tip of bolt probe/closed breech to end of actual barrel, muzzle brakes, sight extensions, etc. are not included in the measurement)
Energy level to be between 6-12fpe. With a recommended power level of >8fpe.
No Butt stocks. Forearms must be above the bottom of the trigger guard. The pistol grip/stock must allow for a full range of movement at the wrist joint.
Scope mag limited to 12x. No >25x mag scopes allowed even if turned down.
Lasers and Red dots are allowed but are counted as a scope.

Shooting Position:

The gun is to be supported solely by the hand(s) and one leg/knee/elbow. Gun, hands and wrist are not to be supported by the body, straps, rods or surrounding objects. No other part of the body may be used as support or touch the pistol.
No artificial aids this includes Shooting Jackets, Straps, Slings, Harnesses, Shooting gloves, Sticks, Thigh-pods or Gyros.
Knee pad is allowed provided it does not have "ears" greater that 1/2".
Bum bags are allowed with a maximum height of 6".
Range finding, Clicking or holdover is allowed.

Time Limit:

Time is limited to 5 minute per lane. Time starts when your butt hits the cushion.

It'll be interesting to see how your forearm/stock is viewed...Personally I don't have a problem with it and I can't wait to see that rig in person and shoot it!!!

Regards,

Tony
"Gun, hands and wrist are not to be supported by the body, straps, rods or surrounding objects. No other part of the body may be used as support or touch the pistol."

So the gun can not be rested on the knee and can only be held in the hands and the hands and wrists can not be rested on the body or anything.

Sounds exactly like what I have been pushing for. A pistol game.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)
<p>YouTube Videos</p>