Yet ANOTHER positive chinese experience b-25

Yet ANOTHER positive chinese experience b-25

December 18th, 2011, 2:18 pm #1

So I called one day a couple weeks ago and talked to Mike Melick.

Those of you who are acquaintances like I am know that when you call, its gonna be fun.
Mike is happy to talk to you, and not just about airguns. NICE guy.

Anyway, he is pretty busy right now, and I (knowing about busy myself, with work, farm,church, family this time of year) didn't expect him to spend a long time.

On top of everything he is sick the particular day I called. I still gave him 20 questions, and was going thru a list of rifles that I was considering. I have a stupid habit of buying a spring rifle, getting it to shoot as close as possible to where I want it, and then selling it for some reason. Then, after about 2-3 months of being without one, buying another. So after all the new choices I could have gone with, ended up going with a B-25 synthetic in .22. But this time, I wanted a twist.

The RWS 34 is great gun, and the B-25 is a great clone of it. The wood one is not quite as ergonomic but shoots just like a 12 land 34. But for hunting purposes, the 34 has always seemed too long to me. ONLY drawback. So I asked Mike to cut down the barrel.
Mike said he didn't have any synthetics for awhile. Fine with me, I know how busy the guy is, so I didn't mind the wait. Sent the M.O. and started the waiting process. Well, like 2 days after the correspondence, I get a shipping confirmation. What??!!! I really didn't know what was going on....

So I recieved this Friday....and it was a regular B-25 in .22, not the synthetic. I did not immediately get "fired up" as I have done business with many folks on here, and mistakes are made. After all, we are all human. And those of us who don't make mistakes, well...cast the first stone .
So I fired a couple rounds. Smooth shot cycle. A little bit hard, but its a new rifle, and I really think its gonna like heavy pellets. PERFECT length for a hunter. PERFECT balance. shot about 5 preds at a can 20 yds away, and they all connected and pulverized it. Nice rifle, but not what I ordered, so I sent the email yesterday being cordial and asking about the configuration.

The reply I got back shocked me a little at first, but knowing Mike, is right along with his character, and his ability to judge mine.

He felt bad about not having one for me right away, and so, he did all the mechanical work I requested (and THEN some) and shipped me a regular one now. So that I would not have to wait to shoot it over the holidays. So he shipped me the gun to start shooting, and will get me a synthetic when they come in .

Now I KNOW....he prepared and shipped this gun BEFORE my money arrived. And went this extra mile so I could have something to shoot for my upcoming holiday time off. He COULD have waited, but because he is like he is, once again went above and beyond to get me shooting.

I know already the gun is a keeper, even in its current config. Normal shooting in and testing will be required, but I am already pleased as punch because Mike cared enough to not have someone waiting for a shipment.

Thanks Mike. I will try to get some grouping done soon, and let ya'll know how it shoots group and velocity-wise.

NO longer than a 2078A, nice size for a springer that puts out this much horsepower.

God bless,

Farmer

December 18th, 2011, 5:35 pm #2

First of all , Mike has gone ABOVE and BEYOND for me and many other's here. He's helped me many times , but not to bore everyone w/ the details , one time in particular , after a month of trouble w/ a QB some 4-5 years ago, he demostrated Customer Service and Patience that was second to none - PERIOD ! I was a In Home Service Tech for an Appliance Manufacturer for 23 years and understand thoroughly what it takes to please people the way he does , and only a man who truly puts himself in his customer's shoes & has sincere sympathy for the customer & pride in his own work could be worthy of all the praise given to him.

Anyway - I love my Lil' 0.22 B25. Accurate.......will knock a racoon to kingdom come @25 yds. Mike did a superb tune on this piece. Only trouble I've ever had was the buttplate seperating from the screw holes on the inside of the stock. Easy fix , and it also allowed me to slip in a few ounces of extra weight in the stock (it's a little light). Otherwise , great gun and a true competitor for the RWS34 (I've own several RWS34's,RWS36's and a RWS40 ) - expecially when you can purchase a TUNED B25 0.22 for half the cost of a box stock 34 !

December 19th, 2011, 3:32 am #3

December 19th, 2011, 2:17 pm #4

around 40-50 shots a day, should get it broken in or close to where it should be by Friday.

Mike wrote 650 fps on box.....but this gun seems to be close to 700 in distance to target from 25 yds. Could be that I am getting fooled by a little sharper recoil, which I expected from a gun that has had near 4 inches chopped off the barrel.

Best groups yeilded so far are in order.....Predators, and then JSB RS's, H&N FT's, and TF domes grouping roughly the same.

Got a strange feeling that this gun is gonna like kodiaks.....and maybe some of the heavy JSB's.

Grouped JSB monsters well, but about 3 inches lower than anything else.....25 grain pellets, whatcha expect farmer? Tell ya what though, at 20 yds, punches clear thru 1/2inch plywood.

God bless,

Farmer

December 20th, 2011, 4:09 am #5

but best velocity string so far has been from crosman hunting pellets,

Averaging 668 fps over 10 shots, 14.3 grain so this puts us somewhere around 14 fpe at the muzzle im guessing, extreme spread was 13.8.

Preds were slower averaging 617 fps, at 16 grains, which again should be around 13-14 fpe I think,extreme spread was 10fps....

Maybe over the holidays, can shoot some groups.

God bless,

Farmer

December 22nd, 2011, 12:13 am #6

December 30th, 2011, 1:58 pm #7

but best velocity string so far has been from crosman hunting pellets,

Averaging 668 fps over 10 shots, 14.3 grain so this puts us somewhere around 14 fpe at the muzzle im guessing, extreme spread was 13.8.

Preds were slower averaging 617 fps, at 16 grains, which again should be around 13-14 fpe I think,extreme spread was 10fps....

Maybe over the holidays, can shoot some groups.

God bless,

Farmer
My .22 D34 is shooting 14.5 super domes at around 700 fps. Given time and a tin or so, I wouldnt be surprised of your B25 increases to the same range. The jsb's are 16 gr so it will slow the rifle down more than the Crosmans. Mike is a stand up guy in my book. The entire planet would benefit a lot having more folks like Mike in it.

Theoben H.E. Gas Rams,..Shock the system!!!