XS-12, B-12 trigger. Anything to do to make it better?

XS-12, B-12 trigger. Anything to do to make it better?

July 4th, 2012, 12:28 am #1

I have one of Mikes rifles,in .177, it has a full tune and is really pretty nice,just a 'thunk' on firing, its just that the trigger sucks bad...

Short of sending it to him for a Rekord replacement, if that is even an option, is there anything I can do for it?

I have shot it about a 1000 times, I can hit walnuts at 100 feet most of the time, but the trigger is really hard to pull...

I have not done a thing to the rifle at all, dont even know if there are any adjustment that I can make....

Can someone guide me in the right direction?...anything is appreciated, and I will probably try it all, it is bad the way it is and I need it to change..

Thanks..........Tim.

July 4th, 2012, 5:37 pm #2

So, there aint no help for me?......

July 4th, 2012, 7:11 pm #3

Do a search, Here and the net There are posts, NT

July 5th, 2012, 3:48 am #4

and I see some that say its a great trigger, others say it is lousy...

Mike gave this rifle a full tune..the trigger is fairly smooth, just way long and way hard.

put it this way, after 50,60 shots from this rifle, I shoot my stock trigger Crosman Titan to relax.....

maybe my search skills are as bad as my people skills----

July 5th, 2012, 11:33 am #5

because I did the same search about two months ago and found exactly what you found.

I bought two guns and have finished tuning one. I polished all the trigger contacting surfaces and lubed all with moly/graphite. The trigger is better but not great and as some say, it probably never will be.

I don't recommend clipping even just a single coil from the trigger spring. That resulted in me having to push the trigger forward during cocking in order to ensure the gun would cock. I didn't think it would be that sensitive to losing a single coil, but that was my experience.

Good luck,

Mike

July 5th, 2012, 2:50 pm #6

I have one of Mikes rifles,in .177, it has a full tune and is really pretty nice,just a 'thunk' on firing, its just that the trigger sucks bad...

Short of sending it to him for a Rekord replacement, if that is even an option, is there anything I can do for it?

I have shot it about a 1000 times, I can hit walnuts at 100 feet most of the time, but the trigger is really hard to pull...

I have not done a thing to the rifle at all, dont even know if there are any adjustment that I can make....

Can someone guide me in the right direction?...anything is appreciated, and I will probably try it all, it is bad the way it is and I need it to change..

Thanks..........Tim.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/113813/t ... -12+Report

I suspect a true 1st stage could be added in the form of a pin reaching from one side of the trigger blade to the other just forward and below the pivot, that would pull down on the sear and use the (currently wasted) first motion of trigger pull to eliminate much of the factory trigger's creep.

Steve

July 6th, 2012, 2:39 am #7

I just got my full tuned MM B-25 today and I may never shoot any other gun ever again----

July 6th, 2012, 9:15 pm #8

Acquire a new gun with a better one!

Steve

July 8th, 2012, 5:09 pm #9

Thanks..........Tim.
I have one and it has a direct sear trigger. Not much to be done except polishing. My trigger works very well, hard to believe it is a direct sear.