WTB Discovery

WTB Discovery

January 13th, 2009, 11:37 pm #1

I realize that this is probably not the right place to post a WTB ad but I wanted to vent and figured this is a good place to do it. I agreed to purchase a new in the box Discovery (including the pump) from someone off of Brads classified. We agreed to a price and I right away sent out a money order for $300 for it. After he received the money order he told me that he opened the Discovery box and found that the stock had broken in shipping. He said that he was going to send it back from Sports Authority, where he bought it, for replacement and wanted to know if I still wanted it. I immediately replied that yes I did want it and that I would wait till they replace it. In the mean time I ordered an LDC from Rich From Mich for $70 which I have since received. (It looks great by the way).

Then today I got my mail and found that the seller sent my uncashed money order back to me. No note, just the money order. So now I I have a new LDC ($70) and no Disco to put it on.

So, now I am looking for a Disco to put my LDC on. Since Crosman has announced their new model I figured I'd ask if anyone has a Discovery including the pump they are looking to sell to upgrade to the new model or whatever. I am looking for a Disco in .22 in like new condition (or new) with pump. Can have mods. I don't want one with any problems. I have $300 to spend. What do you have?

Please email to playinghooky@comcast.net.
Last edited by playinghooky on January 13th, 2009, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 14th, 2009, 3:34 am #2

Google Budsgunshop.com.
They are advertising gun and pump for $313..
Thats only $13. more than you quoted.
Last edited by boohoo9 on January 14th, 2009, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 14th, 2009, 3:51 am #3

The one on Buds doesn't specifically say that it includes a pump at that price.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/55053

January 14th, 2009, 3:59 am #4

They can tell you if the pump is included. Also, if you read the customer review, I believe it states the pump is included.

January 14th, 2009, 4:18 am #5

The one on Buds doesn't specifically say that it includes a pump at that price.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/55053
It has the pump. CHeck out the Crosman website. It has the model numbers for the .22 with and without pump.

January 14th, 2009, 6:06 am #6

I realize that this is probably not the right place to post a WTB ad but I wanted to vent and figured this is a good place to do it. I agreed to purchase a new in the box Discovery (including the pump) from someone off of Brads classified. We agreed to a price and I right away sent out a money order for $300 for it. After he received the money order he told me that he opened the Discovery box and found that the stock had broken in shipping. He said that he was going to send it back from Sports Authority, where he bought it, for replacement and wanted to know if I still wanted it. I immediately replied that yes I did want it and that I would wait till they replace it. In the mean time I ordered an LDC from Rich From Mich for $70 which I have since received. (It looks great by the way).

Then today I got my mail and found that the seller sent my uncashed money order back to me. No note, just the money order. So now I I have a new LDC ($70) and no Disco to put it on.

So, now I am looking for a Disco to put my LDC on. Since Crosman has announced their new model I figured I'd ask if anyone has a Discovery including the pump they are looking to sell to upgrade to the new model or whatever. I am looking for a Disco in .22 in like new condition (or new) with pump. Can have mods. I don't want one with any problems. I have $300 to spend. What do you have?

Please email to playinghooky@comcast.net.
Quotation:

" I am looking for a Disco in .22 in like new condition (or new) with pump. Can have mods. I don't want one with any problems. I have $300 to spend."

If you want one with pump, with some modifications, and without any problems, buy from MAC1. Unfortunately it will cost $400 instead of $300 (well $420 with shipping).

I have a .22 from MAC1 that I've had for about three weeks now. So far more than 1500 pellets through it and I have found what I think is the setting I'll keep for a while. I get about 28 to 29 shots with FPS range of 840 to 880 (most in 860 to 875 range) using 14.3 grain Crosman hollow point pellets. That's a little more than 23+ FPE per shot on average. Excellent power and accuracy.

I use a pump and found that after a ~30 shot string it takes me less than 3 minutes to pump the Discovery back to my starting fill (160 bars, pumping slowly and deliberately), and I average about 65 strokes to refill it.

January 14th, 2009, 2:38 pm #7

They can tell you if the pump is included. Also, if you read the customer review, I believe it states the pump is included.
for $306.00 6 months back. I guess they have gone up a bit. I have bought several items from Bud's and they have been great.
Good hunting!

January 15th, 2009, 2:07 am #8

Quotation:

" I am looking for a Disco in .22 in like new condition (or new) with pump. Can have mods. I don't want one with any problems. I have $300 to spend."

If you want one with pump, with some modifications, and without any problems, buy from MAC1. Unfortunately it will cost $400 instead of $300 (well $420 with shipping).

I have a .22 from MAC1 that I've had for about three weeks now. So far more than 1500 pellets through it and I have found what I think is the setting I'll keep for a while. I get about 28 to 29 shots with FPS range of 840 to 880 (most in 860 to 875 range) using 14.3 grain Crosman hollow point pellets. That's a little more than 23+ FPE per shot on average. Excellent power and accuracy.

I use a pump and found that after a ~30 shot string it takes me less than 3 minutes to pump the Discovery back to my starting fill (160 bars, pumping slowly and deliberately), and I average about 65 strokes to refill it.
How much does BUDS gun shop ship the gun for?

Thanks

Ashunter

January 22nd, 2009, 12:58 pm #9

I ended up ordering one from Budsguns. Thanks for the suggestion. The price was $313. including the pump plus either $12. or $16 shipping (the $16 is fully insured, the $12 is not). I would have liked to have gotten one through Mac1 but there is actually a $91 price difference ($400 including the pump plus $20 shipping). Now the wait starts.