Working on my benji Nitro Pistol !

December 20th, 2015, 7:00 pm #1

Ya, I know, a total POS as far as getting the sights right. Just bought some 4mm x.7 allen screws... 20mm is to long, I think it need 16mm long for my gun. Once I get it going it should be fine for some short range hunting. I can't use a scope because the barrel drop is more than the scope can adjust ;- (

It is a refurbished gun and you would have thought they would have fixed that.... absolutely horrible quality control on Benjamins part !

wll2506

December 21st, 2015, 1:02 am #2

as well.Buddy bought it first,at a gun show. No box, no manual, but it "had been completely gone through",
wink,wink.$30.
Anyway, couldn't adjust rear sight high enough,and when I looked at it, rear sight was warped.I swapped him, to have something to tinker on.
Took rear sight off and straightened it with needle nose.Noticed that the pivot bolt was extremely loose,contributing to barrel droop.
I couldn't do much with rear sights, but put a Cheap(as in $12) Gamo green dot on it and it hits where I want.
I'm sure a better sighting system would improve things. You can also shim scope mounts or base to get more adjustment out of your scope. Fun to tinker on!

December 21st, 2015, 2:03 am #3

Ya, I know, a total POS as far as getting the sights right. Just bought some 4mm x.7 allen screws... 20mm is to long, I think it need 16mm long for my gun. Once I get it going it should be fine for some short range hunting. I can't use a scope because the barrel drop is more than the scope can adjust ;- (

It is a refurbished gun and you would have thought they would have fixed that.... absolutely horrible quality control on Benjamins part !

wll2506
It needed the breech seal shimmed, out of the box. Crosman sent a couple right away. It is yet another project I have set aside "for later" but it was starting to show promise. However, I don't think I did ever get the elevation properly adjusted.

December 21st, 2015, 4:14 am #4

some experiments. I did put a longer screw in the trigger adjustment. I added weight to the hollow handle and it made things worse!(for me) A beast for weight already. Looks like something from "Buck Rogers"! lol
Now I'll have a look at that breech seal.

December 21st, 2015, 12:07 pm #5

wll2506
Yes, for a gun to shoot that low, tells me that in the manufacturing process mating angles were machined wrong and the gun has way to much barrel droop. It is in wee hours of the morning here, but like I say I will bend and tweak the rear sight and shorten the super long screw I bought. I need to bring the sight up about 3/16-1/4" higher than the factory allows with the factory set screw.

At 12 yards in my back yard it hit so low the first 5 shots i had no idea where it was shooting ... about 4 feet !

I'm so tempted to return it but don't want to spend the $ for shipping, the gun is not worth it. If I can get the rear sight high enough to be on at 10-15 yds than I will throw it in the truck as a plinker, if not I will just throw it in the trash... to bad Benjamin does not have the quality control issue down on these guns as in theory it has potential.

wll2506

December 22nd, 2015, 2:32 pm #6

wll2506
fixes here in a two part blog:

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/s ... o%20Piston

Hopefully, this will help.

December 22nd, 2015, 4:55 pm #7

Very interesting, and potentially helpful (depending on what I find). It was a gift, or I wouldn't own such a beast, but if it's going to hang around it might as well shoot.

And wll, before you throw that thing in the trash, please allow me to send postage. I have other rescue guns, and I would give yours a good home where it can run wild and free. Someday I'll need another garage, but I can't stand to see an airgun suffer.

December 23rd, 2015, 2:00 am #8

I will see how it shoots. It is 3-4 feet low at 15 yards and a scope can't be adjusted enough to sight it in.

There are many many reports of this and in my opinion the person responsible for this gun should be fired ! For someone to produce this kind of junk is just beyond the charts !

Yes, companies make mistakes, my company does, but they/we fix them.... My gun was a refurbished gun, refurbished my %## ----You ever ever get a refurbished Apple computer.... It is off the charts perfect, and I mean better than new !

It about a company that cares, and one that does not.

Yes, I'm very ticked off, it is not amount $ spent, it is about a company that cares about its customers and it products... It is quite obvious Benjamin does not------I don't like when the customer is the person in charge of a companies QC.

I just bought a Disco, I hope the guy that makes the Nitro Pistol is not the guy who makes the Disco !

wll2506

December 23rd, 2015, 3:07 am #9

Thanks so much for the tips. I kept wondering about the lockup and will now investigate!

December 24th, 2015, 1:51 am #10

wll2506