Woo Hoo, QB79(.22) Arrived!!! - PIC

Woo Hoo, QB79(.22) Arrived!!! - PIC

January 31st, 2010, 12:16 am #1

I've been thinking of getting another QB79 to keep set up with iron sights for general plinking and Bell Target Shooting during bbqs, etc. I placed the order online with Archer's Airguns, then noticed on the Chinese Forum that they were away at the SHOT Show, lol!!!

Luckily when the Archer's returned home, they promptly shipped my gun after performing the Gold Service on it and it arrived the other day. As with all my QB purchases, this one had a healthy coating of cosmoline/preservative covering it, lol, after a vigorous wipe down, a very nicely grained stock was revealed and surprisingly nice metal work!

Last night I finally got the chance to clean the barrel which was as well "preserved" as the exterior surfaces of the gun, lol!!! After about 60 patches, some Goo Gone, Flitz Polish, and KROIL, the patches finally came out clean!!!

Looking forward to sighting this gun in over the next few days! Thanks again to Archer Airguns!!!

Regards,

Tony

January 31st, 2010, 1:13 am #2

Right on , congrats ! n/t

January 31st, 2010, 2:00 am #3

I've been thinking of getting another QB79 to keep set up with iron sights for general plinking and Bell Target Shooting during bbqs, etc. I placed the order online with Archer's Airguns, then noticed on the Chinese Forum that they were away at the SHOT Show, lol!!!

Luckily when the Archer's returned home, they promptly shipped my gun after performing the Gold Service on it and it arrived the other day. As with all my QB purchases, this one had a healthy coating of cosmoline/preservative covering it, lol, after a vigorous wipe down, a very nicely grained stock was revealed and surprisingly nice metal work!

Last night I finally got the chance to clean the barrel which was as well "preserved" as the exterior surfaces of the gun, lol!!! After about 60 patches, some Goo Gone, Flitz Polish, and KROIL, the patches finally came out clean!!!

Looking forward to sighting this gun in over the next few days! Thanks again to Archer Airguns!!!

Regards,

Tony

Have to let us know how it shoots and how that RAP4 tank works out for you.

January 31st, 2010, 2:29 am #4

January 31st, 2010, 2:30 am #5

Have to let us know how it shoots and how that RAP4 tank works out for you.
I hope it shoots as good as it looks!!! Will post feedback in a day or two, weather permitting!

Regards,

Tony

January 31st, 2010, 2:52 am #6

Or at lest wherever you are shooting from is warm. Just have lots of pellets to test, QB barrels can be a bit picky but once you find the one that works, are often 'bell ringers".

January 31st, 2010, 2:54 am #7

it holds. So far all my QB's in .22 love either 16gr. Exacts or 14.3gr. Exacts...Hopefully this one is similar or better yet, loves Crosmans out of a tin!!!

Regards,

Tony

January 31st, 2010, 8:19 am #8

I know how the Bay area can be thsi time of year, cold and damp , and you guys got more rain that most in the country too this year for sure . I lived in Fairfield for ten years , Bay Area fog rolled in daily in certain months .
You need an indoor Ten Meter range set-up in your house .

Good luck and happy shootin , Alan

January 31st, 2010, 3:57 pm #9

Regards,

Tony

Youve got plenty of guns, but Iknow your gonna love that new one. I havent put mine down in two weeks. As far as shooting indoors I do a combo, open a window or front or back door and let em rip. Most fun you can have with your pants on lol.

February 1st, 2010, 8:13 am #10

I really regret selling my 2nd one, rebarrelled with a 24" HW(.20) barrel...

Anyways, I know this gun is gonna be fun and used a lot!!! Are you using an Air Source or Paintball Tank on yours?

What caliber is yours and what pellet is shooting best for you?

Regards,

Tony