Woo Hoo, Crosman 2240 MAC1 Style Arrived!!! - PICS

Woo Hoo, Crosman 2240 MAC1 Style Arrived!!! - PICS

May 15th, 2010, 7:12 pm #1

Well Pistol Field Target is about to start at Diablo FT, been busy getting my rifles set up for regular FT, tinkering with targets and trying to get a couple pistols set up for PFT, including loaners.

I realized it would be nice to have a gun built up with basic parts and prep from MAC1 so people could get an idea of what can be had over the counter from an airgun dealer that could be used for PFT, Silhouettes and general purpose shooting.

So I called up Tim and asked for a 2240(.22), Crosman Steel Breech, 14"(2250 barrel) with Accuracy Prep, Gen 2 Muzzle Brake along with a BSA 4 - 16 x 40AO IR MildotScope and mounts if he had them in stock.

After placing the order, I'd realized that I wasn't sure if in our conversation that I truly asked for a Crosman Steel Breech and he kind of laughed and said "Yeah you did and even if you didn't, you mentioned you wanted a scope for it so there's no way I was gonna send you the pistol with a plastic breech!"

Well it arrived today, quickly mounted the optics, grabbed some pellets, didn't even clean the barrel and shot at my 25yard target. Benjamin Hollowpoints were printing about nickel sized groups, ok but I wanted better...grabbed the JSB Express tin and got the following 3 shot group with about 30 seconds between shots:

The heavenly bodies clearly came into alignment on that group, lol!!! At that point I was so excited I decided, time to walk away from the shooting bench, lol!!! Granted it isn't representative of the overall consistency of accuracy of this pistol since it was the first group after sighting it in with the Express but man o man, I'll take it and work with it!!!

Thanks again MAC1, time to run errands in preparation of tomorrows match and hopefully get some more numbers for this pistol!

Regards,

Tony

May 16th, 2010, 2:46 am #2

if you want to show her off and maybe share with a careful person:-) Or will you be shooting every other shot, Ranchero, 2240, Ranchero, 2240

Wacky Wayne

May 16th, 2010, 3:06 am #3

sighting in...its a good sign for potential and by all means I will bring it up so that others can shoot it! Will bring other pistols as well...

Regards,

Tony

May 16th, 2010, 3:26 am #4

needs one or wants to try it on a whim. Who knows who might jump in and have fun with us:-)

Wacky Wayne

May 16th, 2010, 3:39 am #5

that can be used for pistol FT that I can loan out/let interested folks check out so they can try some stuff and help them figure out what they would want in a air pistol for PFT, Plinking, etc....

Sure is easier to transport, store these pistols, lol, can fit 2 monster pistols into 1 rifle case with room to spare for remote coil lines and bulk C02 Tanks!!!

Regards,

Tony

May 16th, 2010, 3:45 am #6

I've seen it from the start for me. Everyone has been so great helping with advice and letting me try their stuff. I've learned so much more than I would have on my own. Thanks to all of you!

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

May 16th, 2010, 3:56 am #7

to help promote airgun shooting! Lots of good people out there that are not consumed by competition...

Regards,

Tony

May 16th, 2010, 5:46 am #8

custom shop 14.6" .22 barrel and a TKO thingy on the end. Darn thing is about 2ft long! I left it with my buddy Bob to shoot and put my Leapers 4-16x50 on it. After shooting it and finding out how affordable it was, think he`s gonna get one! Hopefully he`ll put it across his chrony for me.

Mark G

May 16th, 2010, 5:56 am #9

Good to hear your bud is looking to get one! If you want, I'll bring a chrony up to Wayne's so you can do chrony work. Is your gun still running C02 Cartridges?

Regards,

Tony

May 16th, 2010, 6:01 am #10

play with it. I can always upgrade later. Really like the simplicity though.

Mark G