Woo Hoo, B40(.22) Arrived!!! - PICS

Woo Hoo, B40(.22) Arrived!!! - PICS

September 13th, 2010, 1:29 am #1

I've been eyeing the B40's from there initial rollout from afar, always wanting one but never ready to commit. The one time I almost did, my friend Eric aka Oldshooter snagged it before I could type "I'll take it!!!"

Now that the B40's are being discoed, I figure I better jump when one pops up that looks good and reasonably priced. Well this one popped up and when the owner said it loved 18.1gr JSB Exacts, I had to commit!!!

Well it arrived and at first I was surprised with how well the stock was finished, not sure if he refinished it but it was pleasing to the eye and felt similar to the factory TX's I have owned, other than a lack of checkering and not as thin in the wrist of the stock.

The metal work was good, a far cry from the old days of the chinese springers I've owned in the past. Cocking it was a bit stiffer than a stock TX with FAC spring. After loading it with an 18.1 gr Exact, I clicked the safety off and started taking up the trigger and THUNK, it went off!!!

I'm thinking hey, that's a trigger that I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cock it and load it again and take up the trigger like I would on one of "my own guns"...ah yes, there's the bump, let off, take it back up, yep its there and I can stand on it!!! Oh I'd say 2 oz. of pressure and "THUNK!!!"

Can't overstate how much I was smiling over that trigger and the smooth shot cycle!!!

So I put a Leaper's 3 - 9 x 44ao IR Mildot scope on it and take it to the range. My friend Eric is there and I tell him to check this B40 out, warning him about the trigger in advance. He cocks the rifle and being the experienced and knowledgeable springer shooter he is, he says "This spring isn't stock, its much heavier, how fast is it shooting?" I tell him I haven't chronied it but the prior owner says it loves 18.1grainers!

So he takes the safety off, starts taking up the first stage and "THUNK!!!" He looks at me smiling and says man that is too light!!!! Eric loves a 1 - 2lbs trigger for his own use but kept shooting the rifle and sighting it in, getting a nice ragged hole group at 25yards and playing around at 50 yards in some fairly challenging wind conditions.

After a bit, he handed me my B40 and I handed him another to tinker with, more on that later...

Anyhoo, I was getting nice clover leaf groups at 25 yards when I did my part and really enjoying the B40. I just may put a lighter scope on it or trying something wild with it optically...

Regards,

Tony

September 13th, 2010, 3:42 am #2

Good lookin gun. My stock doesn't look like that, I am thinking that one has had some love put to it.

September 13th, 2010, 10:53 am #3

I've been eyeing the B40's from there initial rollout from afar, always wanting one but never ready to commit. The one time I almost did, my friend Eric aka Oldshooter snagged it before I could type "I'll take it!!!"

Now that the B40's are being discoed, I figure I better jump when one pops up that looks good and reasonably priced. Well this one popped up and when the owner said it loved 18.1gr JSB Exacts, I had to commit!!!

Well it arrived and at first I was surprised with how well the stock was finished, not sure if he refinished it but it was pleasing to the eye and felt similar to the factory TX's I have owned, other than a lack of checkering and not as thin in the wrist of the stock.

The metal work was good, a far cry from the old days of the chinese springers I've owned in the past. Cocking it was a bit stiffer than a stock TX with FAC spring. After loading it with an 18.1 gr Exact, I clicked the safety off and started taking up the trigger and THUNK, it went off!!!

I'm thinking hey, that's a trigger that I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cock it and load it again and take up the trigger like I would on one of "my own guns"...ah yes, there's the bump, let off, take it back up, yep its there and I can stand on it!!! Oh I'd say 2 oz. of pressure and "THUNK!!!"

Can't overstate how much I was smiling over that trigger and the smooth shot cycle!!!

So I put a Leaper's 3 - 9 x 44ao IR Mildot scope on it and take it to the range. My friend Eric is there and I tell him to check this B40 out, warning him about the trigger in advance. He cocks the rifle and being the experienced and knowledgeable springer shooter he is, he says "This spring isn't stock, its much heavier, how fast is it shooting?" I tell him I haven't chronied it but the prior owner says it loves 18.1grainers!

So he takes the safety off, starts taking up the first stage and "THUNK!!!" He looks at me smiling and says man that is too light!!!! Eric loves a 1 - 2lbs trigger for his own use but kept shooting the rifle and sighting it in, getting a nice ragged hole group at 25yards and playing around at 50 yards in some fairly challenging wind conditions.

After a bit, he handed me my B40 and I handed him another to tinker with, more on that later...

Anyhoo, I was getting nice clover leaf groups at 25 yards when I did my part and really enjoying the B40. I just may put a lighter scope on it or trying something wild with it optically...

Regards,

Tony

I've been trying to put getting a B40 out of my feeble mind, and here you come posting pictures of a perfectly gorgeous example! Have you no shame, man?! Have you no shame?!!
It looks awesome. I'm glad for you, Tony. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
darryl

September 14th, 2010, 5:30 am #4

Good lookin gun. My stock doesn't look like that, I am thinking that one has had some love put to it.
apparently a Vortek Kit installed as well.

Regards,

Tony

September 14th, 2010, 5:31 am #5

I've been trying to put getting a B40 out of my feeble mind, and here you come posting pictures of a perfectly gorgeous example! Have you no shame, man?! Have you no shame?!!
It looks awesome. I'm glad for you, Tony. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
darryl
Trust me, you need one!!!

Regards,

Tony