Will anyone please give me a crash course in Planning Engineering?

Will anyone please give me a crash course in Planning Engineering?

April 3rd, 2012, 1:30 pm #1

I have a job prospect coming up in a few days, for the above mentioned position. I thought I would gather all the best information than what google can give me.

I am talking about Critical Path Analyses, softwares currently in use, graphs, calculations, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by steeldreams007 on April 3rd, 2012, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 3rd, 2012, 1:53 pm #2

Not to be a dream smasher. If not, you will be beat out by someone who is. Is this for a municipality, state, or a private group? Being that there are so many unemployed people, especially in niche fields, employers will seek the best qualified individual.

Experience will suffice for a portion of the job, but many municipalties will require a degree and some work experience, either internship or professional.

Areas of consideration include, but not limited to:

-Traffic
-City government
-Construction site coordinator
-City palnning and engineering
-City management
-Parks and Recreation development
-Factory/industry logistics

I know a little about this field, not a lot at all. My previous supervisor (still a friend), is degreed in the field and his job title is "Superintendent". He has total oversight over the forest/parks and recreation services. A rough estimate is that 30 percent of his job duties call for the knowledge, but the job itself required a degree, minimum of a baccalaureate, preferred master degree in the field.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

April 3rd, 2012, 2:09 pm #3

no masters yet, a military background, four years in Project Inspection, and yes, a dream. Just got the call this morning about this, just getting ready at least.

April 3rd, 2012, 3:03 pm #4

Since you have BSEE, experience, veterans pref., the job seems fruitful; they probably wouldn't have called if not. Although, IMHO, the military experience should ONLY apply if it is in the field. You seem to be on the right track with the job.

I hope you get the job. Didn't you say some time ago about a bad spell in life in regards to employment? Best of luck, Dave!!

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

April 3rd, 2012, 9:15 pm #5

I have a job prospect coming up in a few days, for the above mentioned position. I thought I would gather all the best information than what google can give me.

I am talking about Critical Path Analyses, softwares currently in use, graphs, calculations, etc.

Thanks in advance.
His name is Chuck Seipold. Googling his name may yield some info.

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

April 3rd, 2012, 9:21 pm #6

Thanks in advance.
They are a Fortune 75 company. Knowledge of sigma 6 will probably be a requirement but many companies use various systems and methods.

John Dobson

April 4th, 2012, 2:02 am #7

Thanks in advance.
I suggest telling them the truth. You are smart and eager and will put in the hours it takes to quickly become proficient in the fields required. Not to many people tell it like it is and there are some who will find your approach refreshing. It doesn't always work but you will feel better about it than trying to cover your tracks.
Good luck,
David Enoch

April 4th, 2012, 8:10 am #8

Since you have BSEE, experience, veterans pref., the job seems fruitful; they probably wouldn't have called if not. Although, IMHO, the military experience should ONLY apply if it is in the field. You seem to be on the right track with the job.

I hope you get the job. Didn't you say some time ago about a bad spell in life in regards to employment? Best of luck, Dave!!

Thank you Phil.. I'll give my best.......................nt

April 4th, 2012, 8:13 am #9

His name is Chuck Seipold. Googling his name may yield some info.

John Dobson
I may need to contact your cousin through you. Thank you so much.
Last edited by steeldreams007 on April 4th, 2012, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 4th, 2012, 8:15 am #10

They are a Fortune 75 company. Knowledge of sigma 6 will probably be a requirement but many companies use various systems and methods.

John Dobson
I would chose a military deployment than one in the engineering sector in that area, but I just welcome opportunities that come knocking.