Wife and I just made a monumentis decission...

Wife and I just made a monumentis decission...

May 11th, 2012, 11:20 pm #1

We're going to sell the house and property then go on the road in a 34' camper. My health and willingness to maintain 10 acres and a pond has been declining the last few years. We're both tired of raising property taxes and endless millage increases. The abundance of very good camp grounds and RV resorts all over this nation had us asking "Just when are we going to see all these places we talked of when we were young?" Well, we're going now. Plan to liquidate or store all our household goods in the next 6 months. Then, as fall progresses, we'll start heading south. Then west, then where ever strikes our fancy. I am really looking foward to something for the first time in a long time. I was stuck in a frame of mind that was only watching myself grow older and sitting more and more. I feel 10 years younger just thinking about this change.

May 11th, 2012, 11:30 pm #2

That sounds terrific. I'm glad for u both!

Hope everything goes great and enjoy your full time road trip.

Hope to see some goodies posted on the Flea Market >=D

Take care brother.
Joe Cortez.

Sick 'em Hoff!!!

May 11th, 2012, 11:42 pm #3

We're going to sell the house and property then go on the road in a 34' camper. My health and willingness to maintain 10 acres and a pond has been declining the last few years. We're both tired of raising property taxes and endless millage increases. The abundance of very good camp grounds and RV resorts all over this nation had us asking "Just when are we going to see all these places we talked of when we were young?" Well, we're going now. Plan to liquidate or store all our household goods in the next 6 months. Then, as fall progresses, we'll start heading south. Then west, then where ever strikes our fancy. I am really looking foward to something for the first time in a long time. I was stuck in a frame of mind that was only watching myself grow older and sitting more and more. I feel 10 years younger just thinking about this change.
From time to time Everyone should squish some mudd between their toe's!!!!!!

May 11th, 2012, 11:47 pm #4

option many times.

I work as an ER nurse. All is well and stable, but boring and monotony is killing me slowly.

I wish to do the same, and just ramble a little.

Well wishes to you. Im not going to say good luck, as that implies you're at the whim of nature and life. But I do wish good fortune on you, which is different from luck. It implies that I wish that good things come to you as a result of your efforts, not just chance.

May 11th, 2012, 11:57 pm #5

Good for you and your wife! How fantastic to be able to do so is the biggest reward! Most folks live day to day not even thinking or have the slightest worry about aging. When that time comes, watch out! They'll wish they had.

There is so much to see here in the U.S. that it is unreal. Such diverse terrain and fantastic sites to see!

Happy trails!!

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 12th, 2012, 12:18 am #6

After you go south, then west, then southwest, then ulitamely north, I'm betting you'll wind up somewhere on the northern California coast. Fort Bragg, or beyond. Set your GPS for Shelter Cove. Breathtaking country, and still remarkably untouched. Just getting there is something that will never be forgotten.

I envy you, and the adventure you are about to embark upon.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

May 12th, 2012, 12:53 am #7

option many times.

I work as an ER nurse. All is well and stable, but boring and monotony is killing me slowly.

I wish to do the same, and just ramble a little.

Well wishes to you. Im not going to say good luck, as that implies you're at the whim of nature and life. But I do wish good fortune on you, which is different from luck. It implies that I wish that good things come to you as a result of your efforts, not just chance.
$3.00-$5.00 per night in the "handycapped" sites which have water and electrical. We've been thinking and planning this move since I had a bad period with my health. When I saw how much the landscaping had deteriorated the several months I couldn't constantly keep at it really started my wife and I reconsidering just how I was going to keep it up. Neither of us are inclined to condo living and I don't want the hassle of the grounds keeping. I've traveled the world while I was in the service but have only been to a few in the country I love. My wife can't travel more than a few hours a day or the pain makes the trip a downer. Fortunatly, state parks, Wal-Marts, and K-marts are plentiful(RV's are welcome overnight) so no leg of a journey need be more than a couple of hours.

May 12th, 2012, 1:06 am #8

when you settle back down, and you will, low maintenance, very low taxes.

small caliber joy

May 12th, 2012, 1:17 am #9

http://247wallst.com/2012/04/26/america ... ul-states/

May 12th, 2012, 1:33 am #10

$3.00-$5.00 per night in the "handycapped" sites which have water and electrical. We've been thinking and planning this move since I had a bad period with my health. When I saw how much the landscaping had deteriorated the several months I couldn't constantly keep at it really started my wife and I reconsidering just how I was going to keep it up. Neither of us are inclined to condo living and I don't want the hassle of the grounds keeping. I've traveled the world while I was in the service but have only been to a few in the country I love. My wife can't travel more than a few hours a day or the pain makes the trip a downer. Fortunatly, state parks, Wal-Marts, and K-marts are plentiful(RV's are welcome overnight) so no leg of a journey need be more than a couple of hours.
and feel like it, get in touch I'd like to offer a great home cooked meal and some friendly plinking with air guns. Just look for Art Keys in Flippin Ar.

From time to time Everyone should squish some mudd between their toe's!!!!!!