Why??

Why??

August 20th, 2012, 1:22 am #1

I am not wanting to stir up a boat load of S**T but WHY is the PCP Champion picture at the header of this forum not rotated out like the other pics? Is winning PCP more important than WFTF or Piston or Hunter?? If so please explain why??????.......

Ken Hughes

August 20th, 2012, 1:40 am #2

I think it's 'cause he's also the match winner, as in high overall score..... National Champion.

Or not. I dunno

August 20th, 2012, 2:16 am #3

I am not wanting to stir up a boat load of S**T but WHY is the PCP Champion picture at the header of this forum not rotated out like the other pics? Is winning PCP more important than WFTF or Piston or Hunter?? If so please explain why??????.......

Ken Hughes
..........yes, why is that?

Which class is the most challenging? Should that be considered? If not, why not?

Map to the FT Park> http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=115 ... AL%2036264

August 20th, 2012, 2:17 am #4

Ken Hughes
as an outsider, I never asked. Could never see why one class winner was more important than another.

Tim

August 20th, 2012, 2:19 am #5

Ken Hughes

August 20th, 2012, 2:23 am #6

Ken Hughes
A Hunter class or WFTF class shoots the highest score at the Nationals. Is he/she the National Champ? This almost happened last year with only one point separating Open from WFTF. Or is the National Champ restricted to Open class?

Jeff P

lhd

August 20th, 2012, 2:36 am #7

Course, I still think there should be a special OVERALL MATCH winner trophy for the Overall winner, who moves up and out his class, meaning the others all move up one trophywise.

August 20th, 2012, 3:07 am #8

Ken Hughes
They each have their on difficulties to overcome, some of which can be altered in match setup. Too many variables with all the classes available. A level course favors Open class shooters. Incline and decline shots are more of a problem for them. Having the shooter break position when under a time limit is less of an issue with a Hunter Class shooter than either WFTF or Open, etc.

Maybe the Grand Prix Champs should be considered the best overall.

Concerning difficulty, I hold that WFTF in both PCP and Piston are the most difficult to shoot. Hunter and Open class are a toss up because they both rely heavily on shooting aides to steady the rifle.

Map to the FT Park> http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=115 ... AL%2036264

August 20th, 2012, 3:08 am #9

Course, I still think there should be a special OVERALL MATCH winner trophy for the Overall winner, who moves up and out his class, meaning the others all move up one trophywise.
We agree on something! YEA!;>)

August 20th, 2012, 7:52 am #10

Ken Hughes
"Opinion Alert"... If you are Maybe you should. Maybe the question is why would anyone think there is an overall match winner based on score pitting all classes against each other. If this is fair and equitable why not just have one class? I find this all too obvious, but have considered this "Overall match winner" thing announced after each match just an old tradition without serious thought. Old beliefs and traditions frequently seem to defy logic or reason....c