Who owns a Barnett Spitfire

Who owns a Barnett Spitfire

January 6th, 2018, 4:29 pm #1

Hi folks,
I am looking to communicate with someone who currently owns a Barnett Spitfire.
Emphasis on the "currently owns"
Thanks
Mike

January 6th, 2018, 4:40 pm #2

if that makes any difference.I haven't had a chance to fix the factory installed spring buzz yet.
Last edited by classicalgas on January 6th, 2018, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 6th, 2018, 6:22 pm #3

Hi folks,
Thanks
Mike
I do......NT

January 7th, 2018, 8:28 am #4

if that makes any difference.I haven't had a chance to fix the factory installed spring buzz yet.
Hi Scot,
I have a original factory manual. I had a Spitfire a while back and sold it. I forgot I had the manual and found it today going through some things. If you don't have one and would like one I will send it to you.
I didn't want to just put it up for grabs, I wanted to see it go to someone with a Spitfire.
Let me know and I'll get it headed your way.
Thanks
Mike

January 7th, 2018, 8:33 am #5

Hi Mark,
I found a original factory manual for a Spitfire I once owned.
You were the second fellow to respond
If you don't have one and the fellow ahead of you doesn't want it, or already has one, I will send it to you.
I wanted to try to put it back with a rifle.
I'll let you know what happens
Thanks for the response.
Mike

January 7th, 2018, 12:00 pm #6

Hi folks,
Thanks
Mike
...and have had several of its relatives over the years (another Spitfire, a Brit-market Webley Tracker, a long-barreled Webley Viscount, and an earlier Webley Osprey).

Beautiful, unique, nice-handling, and absurdly sturdy little fellow, I love it.

Just a suggestion, could you possibly scan the manual? I’d love to have a copy of it, too.
Last edited by MDriskill on January 7th, 2018, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 7th, 2018, 3:08 pm #7

Hi folks,
Thanks
Mike
I have a .177 spitfire as well as a .22 Tracker

January 7th, 2018, 4:07 pm #8

I know from working on my Osprey, which is almost identical to the tracker and spitfire internals, these things really could have benefitted from a spring guide. I have gas Rams in my tracker and spitfire and they are great with Rams. My osprey I spent a lot of time working on including installing an o ring piston seal, but without a good spring guide it still twangs. I think one of the Brit suppliers like Blackpool may have some Titan spring guides that will work in these. chambers doesn't have any when inchecked

January 7th, 2018, 6:23 pm #9

Hi Mark,
I found a original factory manual for a Spitfire I once owned.
You were the second fellow to respond
If you don't have one and the fellow ahead of you doesn't want it, or already has one, I will send it to you.
I wanted to try to put it back with a rifle.
I'll let you know what happens
Thanks for the response.
Mike
I'll take it if you're offering. Email mcnewton youknowwhatgoeshere sunflower.com

Thanks,
Mark N

January 7th, 2018, 7:53 pm #10

Hi Scot,
I have a original factory manual. I had a Spitfire a while back and sold it. I forgot I had the manual and found it today going through some things. If you don't have one and would like one I will send it to you.
I didn't want to just put it up for grabs, I wanted to see it go to someone with a Spitfire.
Let me know and I'll get it headed your way.
Thanks
Mike
It would be great if whoever takes it could scan it and make it available...maybe at the American Vintage Airguns forum?