Who has heard of Edgar Cayce?

Who has heard of Edgar Cayce?

July 16th, 2012, 8:01 am #1

I was browsing in a used books shop lately, and I found a few books written about him and the information he revealed while in a trance. I am now wondering, is past life regression real?

Without intent of sowing/fomenting discord, I am just curious if there was any mention of ancient airguns or air weapon in ancient civilizations that Cayce indicated, even if in trance.
Last edited by steeldreams007 on July 16th, 2012, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 16th, 2012, 9:26 am #2

However, discussion of such things might not be within the rules here.

July 16th, 2012, 11:45 am #3

I was browsing in a used books shop lately, and I found a few books written about him and the information he revealed while in a trance. I am now wondering, is past life regression real?

Without intent of sowing/fomenting discord, I am just curious if there was any mention of ancient airguns or air weapon in ancient civilizations that Cayce indicated, even if in trance.
Back To The Future . . . . nt

July 16th, 2012, 12:02 pm #4

Hi All

Cayce was a sort of Nostradamus / fortune teller and predictor of the future ..... He was around in the 20's 30's and into the 40's I think .

Some of his stuff came true etc some ??? The Us Government had worked and talked and watched him for awhile , but then abandoned the project .

In his time he was BIG news .

There is a lot about him that I have forgotten etc ...

Jerry 944

July 16th, 2012, 12:04 pm #5

However, discussion of such things might not be within the rules here.
air weapons in the Cayce readings of ancient civilizations.

July 16th, 2012, 12:08 pm #6

Not sayin that is your purpose...but that is what it will turn into and then Steve will call you out in public for fomenting discord.

July 16th, 2012, 2:17 pm #7

could tell sick people what was wrong with them and what they needed to do to get well.Saw a tv show on him along time ago ane found it very interesting
stevec

July 16th, 2012, 3:05 pm #8

<p>by reading about him, he is an interesting person...</p>

July 16th, 2012, 3:16 pm #9

If you want to believe in his sort of thing, by all means, do so. To me, it was just another clever scam. Ditto all of the Nostradamus stuff. Jean Dixon was another well-known seer. When I first reported aboard my sub, some of the guys asked if I had heard her prediction that we would sink? (Dixon produced an annual list and we were on it) She claimed to have a vision of a US missile boat laying on the bottom bearing the number "620". They then asked me to look at the sail (used to be called a conning tower) and see if I could find any numbers painted there. Nope. The Navy had stopped painting hull numbers on the boats since the Russians used to monitor them coming and going. "See?" they told me, "Since there's no numbers, it means we can never sink!" Well, we did sink, technically speaking, but always managed to come back up for air.

Cayce and company are a lot like the "golden BB" theory of air defense - if you fire enough stuff, you're bound to hit something.

July 16th, 2012, 3:21 pm #10

Come to think of it, I've never seen any discussions of Beowulf or the Muses here but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be allowed. Heck, you can find plenty of mythological discussions here each and every day! Members touting their target shooting, cycle riding, drinkin', dancin' and sex-you-all abilities! If those ain't myths, I'll eat me hat! :-p