whisper scopes

whisper scopes

May 8th, 2009, 7:03 pm #1

i can't keep my scope on my whisper right for more than 2 or 3 days and all it dose is sit in a corner i was wondering if letting the rifle get to hot my affect the scope i some times leave it in my car after a hunt for awhile?

May 9th, 2009, 12:22 am #2

What brand and model of scope?

May 10th, 2009, 2:09 pm #3

i can't keep my scope on my whisper right for more than 2 or 3 days and all it dose is sit in a corner i was wondering if letting the rifle get to hot my affect the scope i some times leave it in my car after a hunt for awhile?
That happens to me often with my two springers. I have a Gamo Hunter 220 in .177 and a RWS model 52 in .25 cal and everytime I shoot them again after a few days is seems like the POI has changed. I just keep shooting until the friction warms up the barrels a bit and then everything seems to be fine. I also think it might have to do with me resting my cheek in not exactly the same spot, or my hold is slightly different. There also may be a problem with the scope shifting ever so slightly in the mounts, or the mount itself shifting. I just take white out and line up small dots on the scope and mounts to see when my scope has shifted or rotated any.

May 10th, 2009, 2:12 pm #4

What brand and model of scope?
gamo 3-9x40 also has anyone noticed that the synthetic stocks actualy bow ablout 1/2 inch when you pull the barrel