Wheres the feedbaclk from new factory 25 cal owners

Wheres the feedbaclk from new factory 25 cal owners

May 11th, 2010, 5:27 pm #1

Been out a month and not alot of posts? Could this be a good sign as they are happy and shooting not chasing troubles???

May 11th, 2010, 6:28 pm #2

filling them with air............

May 11th, 2010, 8:22 pm #3

power has to come from somewhere

May 11th, 2010, 10:53 pm #4

Been out a month and not alot of posts? Could this be a good sign as they are happy and shooting not chasing troubles???
Tom, I got my .25 Marauder last week, but it had a leak from the air gauge. There's a little tiny vent hole in the air gauges, and it was leaking outta there. So I called Crosman, told them about the problem, and they sent me a new gauge. Because of the Mother's day weekend travel and all...I wasn't able to install the new gauge until just now. Now I'm letting it sit checking for leaks again. It's quite a job pumping it up from empty with a hand pump.

I was able to shoot it real quick when I first got it, because it would hold air, but lose it overnight, and I couldnt keep pumping it up.

JSB King and Beeman Kodiak pellets shot real well out of it.
Its very powerful and louder than my .22 Marauder...but I am not complaining...just sayin.

Will post more when I know more...probably within a week or so.
In the meantime, there's some real bold and loud feathered critters that are gonna meet .25 Mawdy if they dont stop comin around.

May 11th, 2010, 11:16 pm #5

What pellets do you have on hand???

May 11th, 2010, 11:52 pm #6

Kings, Kodiaks, H&N FTT, Ramjet, Mosquito, Rhino, and #3 buckshot for starters.

Later I intend to get those new Benjamin domes and destroyers too.

May 12th, 2010, 1:29 am #7

I got a .25 a week or 2 ago. Its has been flawless. Beautifull gun. shoots hole in hole accuracy out of the box. Round ball shoots at average 906 fps on second clip, same fill, with out of box factory settings. Its the favorite gun iv ever owned. Its so easy and quiet that it makes you think there might be something wrong. I noticed that the heavy pellets use less air. after two clips, it takes 25 or 30 pumps to get it back up to 3100psi starting pressure if you use heavy pellets. Big .25 pellets are a big differance from its puney cousins.

May 12th, 2010, 4:33 pm #8

Tom, I got my .25 Marauder last week, but it had a leak from the air gauge. There's a little tiny vent hole in the air gauges, and it was leaking outta there. So I called Crosman, told them about the problem, and they sent me a new gauge. Because of the Mother's day weekend travel and all...I wasn't able to install the new gauge until just now. Now I'm letting it sit checking for leaks again. It's quite a job pumping it up from empty with a hand pump.

I was able to shoot it real quick when I first got it, because it would hold air, but lose it overnight, and I couldnt keep pumping it up.

JSB King and Beeman Kodiak pellets shot real well out of it.
Its very powerful and louder than my .22 Marauder...but I am not complaining...just sayin.

Will post more when I know more...probably within a week or so.
In the meantime, there's some real bold and loud feathered critters that are gonna meet .25 Mawdy if they dont stop comin around.
My new 25 mrod will be here this friday---nt

May 13th, 2010, 10:38 pm #9

Bottom LH side of the page....
http://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies. ... epage.html
Picked the .25 Mrod up from Jim on May 3.
Here's an additional group I shot at 100yds...

May 13th, 2010, 10:54 pm #10

After some tuning I was able to get it to average about 840 ft/sec with Kodiacs for 12 rounds .. That is 48.5 FPE...!
880 ft/sec with 25.4g JSBs, and 955 ft/sec with 20g H&N FTT. However, "groups" with FTT are sprayed all over the target.. Over 3" group at 40 yds. JSBs are the most accurate so far with Kodiacs close behind. I have only shot the 3 pellets to date. Kodiacs are super fun to pop tin cans and airgun silhouetts at 100 yds... The cans still go flying at that range.