Where to get a TJs Barrel "Crosman Blacked"

December 12th, 2017, 2:48 am #1

Thank's in advance.....Franky

December 12th, 2017, 9:19 pm #2

Well, if you really want to replicate Crosman's brushed metal barrel finish, you're going to need to spin the barrel in a lathe or drill press and use a sanding block with 320 grit to put the brush lines on it. It's not very attractive by most standards but it does make the steel extraordinarily forgiving to any bluing treatment so you can do it yourself with a cold blue like Van's Instant Blue or Brownell's Oxpho Blue. These provide a more rust-resistant finish than other cold blues in my experience.

January 8th, 2018, 9:24 pm #3

Can anyone give Me a Lead where to Search or who to Talk to about My TJs Barrel for a Discovery in Black type Crosman Factory Finish Thank's.....Franky

Ps. Only want One Barrel Blacked for My Own Disco for Hunting.....

January 9th, 2018, 8:26 am #4

The finish on a Crosman factory barrel is a blued finish. The color is black, not blue...perhaps you might say charcoal color due to the fact they leave the metal with a brushed surface rather than polishing it. The result is a matte black rather than the deep luxurious, almost glossy black of the metalwork on finer guns. So while you can't quite achieve a deep black finish with cold blues, you absolutely can replicate the Crosman finish with them.

If that's not what you're looking to do for your Disco, you'll have to be more specific as to what you want because I don't understand and I suspect that is true for other readers judging by lack of response.

January 12th, 2018, 10:32 pm #5

I have a TJs Hammer Forged Barrel. I want it to match My Discovery. I don't care how or way it's or what it's called Blue, Black or $hit Brindel. Just so it Matches Color & Look of a Discovery .....Franky

January 13th, 2018, 9:36 pm #6

The method I described will give you a good match.

January 17th, 2018, 7:27 pm #7

nt.

February 12th, 2018, 11:47 am #8

Can anyone give Me a Lead where to Search or who to Talk to about My TJs Barrel for a Discovery in Black type Crosman Factory Finish Thank's.....Franky

Ps. Only want One Barrel Blacked for My Own Disco for Hunting.....
.nt