Where do you all get your FT equipment?

Where do you all get your FT equipment?

April 22nd, 2010, 8:08 pm #1

Hi, I just started FT and it seems like something I want to pursue. I need a bag/cushion and all the other accessories for this type of shooting. Online shopping is preferred but anywhere that has the equipment would be what I am looking for.
Thanks,
Todd

April 22nd, 2010, 8:30 pm #2

April 22nd, 2010, 8:36 pm #3

Hi, I just started FT and it seems like something I want to pursue. I need a bag/cushion and all the other accessories for this type of shooting. Online shopping is preferred but anywhere that has the equipment would be what I am looking for.
Thanks,
Todd
now sells their version of the steady harness and also a seat cushion...I believe they are sole source re harness unless you find a used one someplace...

The 'new' harness works ok and has larger back support...on the bun bag or seat cushion,best to make your own and save the bucks...I used one loaned to me by LD...think it was made from a boogie board...cut into approx 12"x16" with two layers glued together..

For a rifle..that will take some research on your part..although many here can suggest options..
Last edited by richwoods on April 22nd, 2010, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 22nd, 2010, 8:42 pm #4

Thanks,
Todd
Good meeting you and your wife this weekend and i'm glad you stuck it out. It does get alot easier as you gain experience.

The harness is available from Airguns of Arizona, The original Harnesses seem to have a spotty supply. The cushions can be bought with the harness.

But some in our group have made there own harness's and cushion. I use an old cushion in a garbage bag from Target, Johnny piston uses old carpet. So you dont have to buy if you dont want too

kevin

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr></table>
http://www.diablofieldtarget.org

April 22nd, 2010, 10:21 pm #5

Thanks,
Todd
pyramydair.com also has lots of 'stuff'. I sit on a boat cushion from WalMart - about $4.

April 22nd, 2010, 10:37 pm #6

Thanks,
Todd

lhd

April 23rd, 2010, 2:06 am #7

Thanks,
Todd
Woulda been duck soup to ask this stuff at the match.

April 23rd, 2010, 7:45 am #8

Thanks,
Todd
Cobra Airguns.........................n/t

April 23rd, 2010, 7:58 am #9

Thanks,
Todd
Hi, thanks again. I guess I was so fascinated with all the fancy guns that eveyone had I forgot to ask the obvious. Pretty much know what I want to shoot to start with for pistol FT. Got my .20 cal LD on order for that. Looks like I am going to check out Prado on the second Saturday of the month. My wife wants to shoot too. The hills were too much for her at LDs but from the sound of it Prado will be a good set up for her to try.
See you guys soon,
Todd Foley

April 23rd, 2010, 1:28 pm #10

consider coming out to our FT shoot at the Angeles range on the fourth Sunday of every month. That would be THIS coming Sunday. It is above Lakeview Terrace off the 210 freeway near Sylmar. go to google maps and
insert "12651 Little Tujunga Canyon. Lake View Terrace, CA 91342".
we generally arive around 9:00 for setup and shoot around 10ish.