Where can I buy a HDD for a Disco. cheap?

July 9th, 2012, 6:11 am #1

July 9th, 2012, 4:50 pm #2

AoA or the classifieds are about your only options.

July 9th, 2012, 8:25 pm #3

air tube? If not,what's the difference in diam's.Would there be enough clearance for the 13cu.,or 22cu.in.HPA tank? I can than use the tank regulator to set a base pressure for f.p.s..I alresdy installed a stiffer hammer spring.I'd rather have a removable tank like that than the limiting double air tube set up.I was wondring also if a brake line tube screwed in the foster spot coming back with a fitting reflared to fit the regulator fitting hung with one of those hose clamp deals.The brake line should help hold the tank in place.Other wise a short fill hose would work.

July 10th, 2012, 5:27 am #4

This way you have the option to fill the HPA tank to 3K and regulate out to the sweet spot for target shooting. If you need full power, you can charge it at the front to 2K. Best of both world. I think I'm going to try this set-up in the morning. I got all fitting I need from my 20# CO2 bottle to paint ball tank set up. By the way, my disco has a 22xx trigger assembly and shoulder stock which make this easy to do.
Last edited by geno_b on July 10th, 2012, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 11th, 2012, 1:27 am #5

was to take the gage assembly out,drill out the port on the butt end only to accommodate better air flow,and thread a straight thread nipple in with an elbow to a short hose with a fostor fitting.Get a water container holder for the frame of a peddle bike,secure that to the air tube with mini wire ties.This holder should accommodate a 13cu.in. tank with a regulator on set for 1000 p.s.i.for .177-1200 p.s.i.for .22.You fill the original tube to 2000 p.s.i. as usual,and with the gage assem. port the factory size it should stay the same velocity.Or drill out both sides of the assem.,and have them both set for 2000 p.s.i.,and regulate the shot velocity with spring dwell on valve,and HDD.What do you think?

July 11th, 2012, 7:00 am #6

Well, what I thought was going to be a quick took the better part of the day.Had to machine an "O" ring grove on the adapter for the gauge port to stop air leak. I just used a radiator hose clamp with some rubber blocks for space between HPA tank and Disco reservoir. This is temp set up just get to shoot some test strings. I'll make a holder same concept as the barrel band, only this one will hold the bottle to the Disco tube.
WOW! Manage to shoot about 30 plus shoots in ten shoot string from my shop bench to the back yard wall (28+ yards)and first group was 0.680" widest side. Next group was 0.575". At this point I was very exited and went for a couple of bottles of my favorite brew Fat Tire then shoot the last string. This time was 0.860" and was sorta bum out, keep shooting at same target and was starting to open up. Decided to stop as I was getting tired and don't know if it was me or the Fat Tire's. I'll shoot some strings tomorrow with a gun vise to see full capability. But very happy right now, before at same distance, I had vertical stringing from a full 2K fill down to about 1.1K pressure. Would print about 1/2" wide x 1 3/4" top to bottom. I played with different spring tensions and hammer mass, just would not group well.
Last edited by geno_b on July 11th, 2012, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2012, 2:54 pm #7

air tube? If not,what's the difference in diam's.Would there be enough clearance for the 13cu.,or 22cu.in.HPA tank? I can than use the tank regulator to set a base pressure for f.p.s..I alresdy installed a stiffer hammer spring.I'd rather have a removable tank like that than the limiting double air tube set up.I was wondring also if a brake line tube screwed in the foster spot coming back with a fitting reflared to fit the regulator fitting hung with one of those hose clamp deals.The brake line should help hold the tank in place.Other wise a short fill hose would work.
Just enjoy the Disco for what it is. If you really need x amounts of shots in the sweet spots, and have disposible scratch, why not invest in the "disco double" twin tube kit and then fill to your prefered pressure. Ive toyed around with "hangy tanks" and remote coils on some of my earlier projects and when it comes down to grab and go, and comfortability nothing beats a Disco. Again, just my opinon, but the "DD" is double the air space and shots and doesnt look awkward with something attached to your already handy gun.