whats the differance between the B3 and B4?

whats the differance between the B3 and B4?

February 2nd, 2006, 7:39 pm #1

Bigger spring? bigger compression chamber? The B4 is more powerful...right?

February 2nd, 2006, 10:15 pm #2

B3 better trigger more delicate. B4 clunky but alright and takes some shots to get used to. B4 seems like more robust after tune. B3 more finesse with slightly better barrel. I think the B3 chasis is similar to my AK-B3 trainer, same spring and tube. B4 is underlever. I believe B3 has a side lever and under lever configs. Milehighguy is the main man on these variants. Get and extreme custom from him and you will have a decent springer.
Last edited by C02sniper on February 2nd, 2006, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 2nd, 2006, 10:48 pm #3

I never knew the difference either until Ora posted the dimensions of the 2. I believe the main difference is that the B4 has a shorter piston which increases swept volume which increases the power. B4's are made by Xisico which means they have somewhat better QC. Do a search ( if you can, when I search I end up reading what seems like every post there ever was). If its possible search for a relatively recent post by "Ora". I have a B3 but not a B4.

February 3rd, 2006, 6:49 am #4

B-3 seems to be the most 'Generic' name of Chinese air rifles. Said model is made by several companies. Most are under-levers and at least one side-lever. B-4 of which there are several variations. It I believe is a big brother to the B-3, exactly which B-3 I'm not sure.

D R

February 3rd, 2006, 2:32 pm #5

I think B4-2A is only in .22 and only underlever with a wider piston, exibits more power. B3 has alot variants. underlever and side lever. I think my AK B3 tuner is the same upper part of a side lever B3 and think it goes nder the designation of b3-3. As for quality of shooting the B4 's exibit a very "thud" wallop while the B3's are more finesse with a better trigger. For target shootig and small pest control I like my B3 gun .177better. For cans and mass destuction the B4 .22 is the ticket

February 3rd, 2006, 5:22 pm #6

And they are only slightly related.

The Xisico "B3" is the "XS-B3-1", and is a sidelever AK-47 styled gun, around $60 or so.

The Industry "B3" exists in B3-1, -2, -3 and -4 variants, all have the same advertised power. B3's start at around $20.

They use the same general principle of a sliding pump cylinder and fixed barrel, but they are different enough that you can't really call them variations of the same gun.

There are also 2 B4's -

The Xisico B4-2, which is the popular underlever style commonly available for around $30

The Industry B4-1 is a sidelever that seems to be mechanically related to the Industry B3.

I imagine you're talking about the most popular - the Industry B3 vs. the Xisico B4-2A. In that case, the general consensus seems to be that the B4 is stronger.

February 3rd, 2006, 5:23 pm #7

...that all models are available in either caliber.

February 3rd, 2006, 5:37 pm #8

The Xisico "B3" is the "XS-B3-1", and is a sidelever AK-47 styled gun, around $60 or so.

The Industry "B3" exists in B3-1, -2, -3 and -4 variants, all have the same advertised power. B3's start at around $20.

They use the same general principle of a sliding pump cylinder and fixed barrel, but they are different enough that you can't really call them variations of the same gun.

There are also 2 B4's -

The Xisico B4-2, which is the popular underlever style commonly available for around $30

The Industry B4-1 is a sidelever that seems to be mechanically related to the Industry B3.

I imagine you're talking about the most popular - the Industry B3 vs. the Xisico B4-2A. In that case, the general consensus seems to be that the B4 is stronger.
Thanks guys good info. I ended up with a B3-F from a tool sale. Never heard of a B3-F. It has a monte carlo stock that was stained with a thick layer of clearcoat on it. Also had grooves cut in it for scope.

February 4th, 2006, 6:01 am #9

There are also 2 B4's -

Vince,

You missed the 'Snow Peak' B3 series of which the Cummin B3 is made.

D R

February 4th, 2006, 1:40 pm #10

As I understand it, they are now Industry B3's. The Cummins "B3" I got a couple of years ago was actually an XS-B4 with the proper AK-style front sight, but a dovetail mounted, thumbwheel-adjusted rear sight. And a seriously mis-mounted barrel (which I fixed by sitting gon it!).

Dunno about the Snowpeak... but I doubt it's anything more than a rebadged Industry gun (like the old "Pioneer" or "Westlake" S-2 pellet pistols).