what spring rifle for long range accuracy do you guys like

what spring rifle for long range accuracy do you guys like

November 11th, 2017, 10:57 pm #1

I have decided to get a new spring gun and like to shoot paper up to 100 yds. I was wondering if any of you shoot longer distance with the ones you own and what your accuracy is like. I am looking mostly at fixed barrels but I am not against break barrels so feel free to recommend one. I just usually see better accuracy out of fixed barrels ive owned. I was strongly considering a rws 54 mainly because I owned a 48 and now own a fwb 300 and like the idea of "mostly" recoilless rifle. also I don't plan on doing any internal work to whatever I buy just want the best stock gun I can get. thanks in advance guys. take care

November 12th, 2017, 12:57 am #2

Hi there,

I have quite a few springers, probably a few to many. But I recall my full length TX 200 shooting it last winter out the pole barn window as an escape from reality, and remember my brother and I both shooting some pretty impressive groups at 75 yds in a crosswind. It is full power still, and havent dropped it down as it shoots too good to touch it. My HW's shoot real good too, but needed some massaging to calm them down.

🎯

Jason G

November 12th, 2017, 1:03 am #3

I have decided to get a new spring gun and like to shoot paper up to 100 yds. I was wondering if any of you shoot longer distance with the ones you own and what your accuracy is like. I am looking mostly at fixed barrels but I am not against break barrels so feel free to recommend one. I just usually see better accuracy out of fixed barrels ive owned. I was strongly considering a rws 54 mainly because I owned a 48 and now own a fwb 300 and like the idea of "mostly" recoilless rifle. also I don't plan on doing any internal work to whatever I buy just want the best stock gun I can get. thanks in advance guys. take care
I used to play around with my Diana 350 shooting JSB 10.34's out at dried up fields (trying to hit dirt clumps). It was fun, but shooting a spring gun to 100 yds can be quite an adventure. Enjoy.
Last edited by MScottLeeman on November 12th, 2017, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 12th, 2017, 1:37 am #4

one time but was very happy with the results. 1.5 inch, 5 shot group with about 3 mph wind. 95 yds is my limit at my place. have had several 1" groups @ 63 yds. And mine is pure stock. 4-12 airmax and jsb 15.89.
You will not be sorry with the 54.

November 12th, 2017, 4:02 am #5

My .177 Diana 54 has been a pleasure to shoot.
Completely stock they perform well.
My example of their accuracy from earlier today

https://youtu.be/_hR_ZKycvdg

November 12th, 2017, 5:19 am #6

im almost certain its gonna be a 54 for me. take care

November 12th, 2017, 1:18 pm #7

I have a Diana 56TH which is used for distances out to 60m (approx. 66yards). It has the same fixed barrel "recoiless" system as the Diana RWS 54 but with a stylish heavy thumbhole stock and muzzle barrel weight for stability. It is best used for benchrest shooting and would be very heavy to carry for hunting.

November 12th, 2017, 1:18 pm #8

I have a Diana 56TH which is used for distances out to 60m (approx. 66yards). It has the same fixed barrel "recoiless" system as the Diana RWS 54 but with a stylish heavy thumbhole stock and muzzle barrel weight for stability. It is best used for benchrest shooting and would be very heavy to carry for hunting.

November 12th, 2017, 3:29 pm #9

Whiscombe JW-75 .22 cal.

November 12th, 2017, 3:54 pm #10

I love my many Dianas, but you would be remiss if you didn't investigate the modern Walther line. Amazing springers!