What's your P-rod's favorite pellet?

What's your P-rod's favorite pellet?

May 20th, 2012, 5:27 am #1

I recently bought a P-rod, and I am in the process of shopping around for a good pellet. This gun will be my back yard pest gun, and most shots will be within 20-30 yards. I have shot two different pellets through it - Beeman FTS, which it shot fairly well, and JSB Exacts (14.3 grainers), which it didn't shoot so hot. The Beemans printed nice little dime sized groups consistently at 25 yards, which I am fairly happy with. Unfortunately, I can never find them around here, and need to get them online. The JSBs would group 3 out of 5 pellets in a group right on top of each other, but it would throw the other two as far as an inch and a half away from the little cluster of 3. So, what I am wondering is this - is there a pellet out there that seems to shoot consistently well in P-rods? If there is something out there that just seems to shoot well in these guns, I would love to know what they are. What does your gun shoot well?
Thanks in advance,
Chris

May 20th, 2012, 8:32 am #2

For me it is H&N Field Target Trophy .22 Cal, 5.55 mm head size and the Predator Polymag .22 Cal, 16.0 Grains.

Give them a try.

May 20th, 2012, 2:46 pm #3

I recently bought a P-rod, and I am in the process of shopping around for a good pellet. This gun will be my back yard pest gun, and most shots will be within 20-30 yards. I have shot two different pellets through it - Beeman FTS, which it shot fairly well, and JSB Exacts (14.3 grainers), which it didn't shoot so hot. The Beemans printed nice little dime sized groups consistently at 25 yards, which I am fairly happy with. Unfortunately, I can never find them around here, and need to get them online. The JSBs would group 3 out of 5 pellets in a group right on top of each other, but it would throw the other two as far as an inch and a half away from the little cluster of 3. So, what I am wondering is this - is there a pellet out there that seems to shoot consistently well in P-rods? If there is something out there that just seems to shoot well in these guns, I would love to know what they are. What does your gun shoot well?
Thanks in advance,
Chris
5.54mm or 5.55mm worked the best for me..but Baracuda 5.53mm were almost as good. Others have recommended various other pellets, and I tried most of them...didn't do it in my barrel.

Came to the conclusion that my particular barrel need "fat pellets". Other barrels seem less picky. Did need cleaning rather often to keep its accuracy.

May 21st, 2012, 3:07 am #4

Thanks in advance,
Chris
very well.

May 21st, 2012, 12:31 pm #5

Thanks in advance,
Chris
One ragged hole with 5 shots at 25 yards

May 22nd, 2012, 6:09 pm #6

Thanks in advance,
Chris
boo
Last edited by boohoo9 on May 22nd, 2012, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 24th, 2012, 2:17 am #7

Thanks in advance,
Chris
any 14.3 Grain Domed ammo.

June 21st, 2012, 4:44 am #8

Thanks in advance,
Chris
JSB 18.1

November 9th, 2012, 1:10 am #9

Thanks in advance,
Chris
I shot some very tight groups right out of the box with CP pellets. Also, H&N FTT were just about as good, but much more expensive.

November 9th, 2012, 1:11 am #10

Thanks in advance,
Chris
I shot some very tight groups right out of the box with CP pellets. Also, H&N FTT were just about as good, but much more expensive.