What's your favorite bug repellent to keep the ticks, chiggers, skeetersetc. off you?

What's your favorite bug repellent to keep the ticks, chiggers, skeetersetc. off you?

May 3rd, 2011, 4:33 am #1

Very curious as to what you guys are using, sprays, battery operated devices, etc....

Regards,

Tony

May 3rd, 2011, 6:17 am #2

<p>Supposed to work the best, if you can stand the smell. Skintasic seems to work great, too and isn't supposed to be toxic. I only spray it on once.</p><p>RicG</p>
Last edited by wheelsroller on May 4th, 2011, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2011, 6:23 am #3

May 3rd, 2011, 8:24 am #4

Very curious as to what you guys are using, sprays, battery operated devices, etc....

Regards,

Tony
It is what it is, because it is!!!

May 3rd, 2011, 8:29 am #5

<p>Supposed to work the best, if you can stand the smell. Skintasic seems to work great, too and isn't supposed to be toxic. I only spray it on once.</p><p>RicG</p>
cut into the finsh of a gunstock. If you talk to Reinder Schilshy about the spot that has no paint on the cheek rest of his Steyr he'll tell you how he got that. Putting too much bug juice on leeched from his skin to black paint and wore it off down to the bare wood. So be careful with that Deet.

Last edited by gregc107 on May 3rd, 2011, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2011, 11:45 am #6

Regards,

Tony
using essential oils, and commercial lotion basis.

It works well for us, we can use it on our nephews and nieces (even babies) and most people like it.

¿Is it as strong and 100% sure as DEET? nope! but it will not give you away while hunting and it will not dissolve some plastics as DEET does. It's 100% natural, biodegradable and for everyone that has tried it, safe.

I used it for many years in the jungles and swamps of México, so I know it works well.

Send me your address and I'll send you a sample. If you like it, then we talk business.

Seems fair?

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

May 3rd, 2011, 1:31 pm #7

cut into the finsh of a gunstock. If you talk to Reinder Schilshy about the spot that has no paint on the cheek rest of his Steyr he'll tell you how he got that. Putting too much bug juice on leeched from his skin to black paint and wore it off down to the bare wood. So be careful with that Deet.

May 3rd, 2011, 1:32 pm #8

Has it been trouble free?

Regards,

Tony

May 3rd, 2011, 1:33 pm #9

It works well for us, we can use it on our nephews and nieces (even babies) and most people like it.

¿Is it as strong and 100% sure as DEET? nope! but it will not give you away while hunting and it will not dissolve some plastics as DEET does. It's 100% natural, biodegradable and for everyone that has tried it, safe.

I used it for many years in the jungles and swamps of México, so I know it works well.

Send me your address and I'll send you a sample. If you like it, then we talk business.

Seems fair?

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

May 3rd, 2011, 4:02 pm #10

Seems fair?

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor
I hate the chemical stuff - your recipe sounds much much better, especially for the kids.

Thanks!
Casey

Where I'm learning to shoot FT - come check it out!

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://forums.delphiforums.com/casaclub/?