What pellets does the m rod like

What pellets does the m rod like

October 7th, 2009, 2:33 am #1

Does it seem to like certain pellets or are all the guns different? I know it shoots premiers good but what else? how about superdomes?

October 7th, 2009, 2:57 am #2

Also from what I have experienced, the gun seems to like Crosman Premiers, Crosman Premier Hollow Points, Kodiaks, and Field Target Specials. Those are the most common that keep popping up. A few guns might like something else.

October 7th, 2009, 4:03 am #3

Besides those mine does well with JSB 18gr,that might be do to HW barrel,and the Greg Davis tune.

October 7th, 2009, 6:52 pm #4

Also from what I have experienced, the gun seems to like Crosman Premiers, Crosman Premier Hollow Points, Kodiaks, and Field Target Specials. Those are the most common that keep popping up. A few guns might like something else.
I have had good luck with Kodiaks and Crosman Premiers. I have tried the Crosman Premier HP's and they were all over the place.

October 7th, 2009, 9:40 pm #5

Sure hope mine likes em. I've 5000 coming from Pyramyd Air tomorrow! Went for the 4 boxes for the price of 3 and 10% discount. I stole this quote: "This is my marauder, there are many like it. But this one is mine."
Last edited by tunaboat889 on October 7th, 2009, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 8th, 2009, 4:08 am #6

Besides those mine does well with JSB 18gr,that might be do to HW barrel,and the Greg Davis tune.
Yeah, I would say that an HW barrel and Greg Davis workover is the reason yours shoots JSB's well. With the exception of Varmintair's (who actually got his from Mac1), I have yet to hear of a stock Marauder shooting JSB's (well).

October 11th, 2009, 7:47 pm #7

my m-rod stacks them. it shoots target specials the best so far and sprays rws superdomes. i havent tried crosman premiums i hear they are hard on leaving lead in the barrel or something like that. I have yet to try kodiaks also what i do know is i just love this gun!!!

October 15th, 2009, 1:45 pm #8

Does it seem to like certain pellets or are all the guns different? I know it shoots premiers good but what else? how about superdomes?
acceptably (under an inch at 50)...but after a little of Greg Davis's personal hand lapping and inleade work, it shoots nearly everything well....with the exception of JSB's...lol...and dammit! I really want it to shoot JSB's...I've got a CASE of them for Pete's sake! But, it's favorite pellet now is the el cheapo (gotta like that) Benji HP's...$7 a tin and it shoots 30 of them under a dime at 50yds....so I'll quit griping about the JSB's....I've now got a lifetime supply of them for my TechStar

s/f

Jamie