What is the best deal in budget Chinese airguns now?

What is the best deal in budget Chinese airguns now?

November 5th, 2010, 11:00 am #1

I have been away from airguns for a while but I remember the Norinco Fast Deer was considered a hot item for a while. I bought three of them based on your advice and it has been a good choice. I gave one to my dad and one to my brother and they all work fine and preform well.

I scoped mine and shot it more than my brother or father did but for under $40 shipped, it has been a great bargain for years!

I can spend more than $40 but I am looking into buying something else just for fun.

What I am looking for is smoothness and ease of shooting more than pure power. Looking for accuracy and enjoyment not speed. Won't be hunting with it but want at least 500fps real world. Also, I think I am going to make the switch to .22 cal so please recomend an air rifle that can be had in .22.

November 5th, 2010, 12:40 pm #2

cheap chinese shooter of late has been a B3-3 (0.22) I got from South Summit. It's a slightly nicer version of the 3-1, with a better stock and a longer underlever. Surprisingly accurate at 20 yards.

I would recommend the XS-B3-1 if you could still get one somewhere. Another one to consider is the QB58, a sidelever that comes in 0.22 also. Archer has these.

November 5th, 2010, 1:34 pm #3

I have been away from airguns for a while but I remember the Norinco Fast Deer was considered a hot item for a while. I bought three of them based on your advice and it has been a good choice. I gave one to my dad and one to my brother and they all work fine and preform well.

I scoped mine and shot it more than my brother or father did but for under $40 shipped, it has been a great bargain for years!

I can spend more than $40 but I am looking into buying something else just for fun.

What I am looking for is smoothness and ease of shooting more than pure power. Looking for accuracy and enjoyment not speed. Won't be hunting with it but want at least 500fps real world. Also, I think I am going to make the switch to .22 cal so please recomend an air rifle that can be had in .22.

Steve

November 5th, 2010, 10:02 pm #4

cheap chinese shooter of late has been a B3-3 (0.22) I got from South Summit. It's a slightly nicer version of the 3-1, with a better stock and a longer underlever. Surprisingly accurate at 20 yards.

I would recommend the XS-B3-1 if you could still get one somewhere. Another one to consider is the QB58, a sidelever that comes in 0.22 also. Archer has these.

The newer B-3-3 in .22 cal shoot great!! If you can find one. Also, look into a QB 36-1/TF 97 in .22 cal. Nicer rifle, about the same power give or take and can be had for under $100.

November 6th, 2010, 12:26 am #5

Steve
nt

November 9th, 2010, 1:36 am #6

....easy to shoot, cock, etc. Almost R7 like.....

Randy

http://www.adventuresinairguns.com

November 10th, 2010, 3:48 am #7

to me that wins as the best deal going.

oops I missed the budget part.....

Budget ...... Ruger Airhawk