What is really ONE HOLE accuracy?

What is really ONE HOLE accuracy?

March 12th, 2012, 1:47 am #1

I read that claim around everywhere. It seems all rifles easily achieve that feat. Just what is a real ONE hole at x distance?

March 12th, 2012, 1:57 am #2

I hear you on the one hole! But it is mentioned allot! most at short distances say like 20 or 30 yards say a one hole shooter and what they are saying is at that distance sometimes can look like one pellet went through the target, but say it is a 5 shot group but still looks like one hole! now when you back it up some say 40 and 50 yds they still say one hole accuracy and I have seen some really nice 5 or 10 shot groups at 50 yds but at that distance it is a larger hole say maybe dime size but one large hole which is darn good shooting! but still use the term "ONE HOLE" just a term allot of us use or tack driver pin up a tack on your target and hit it! It is a tack driver!

March 12th, 2012, 2:02 am #3

I always and easily get one hole if I shoot just one shot.

Otherwise, "one hole" seems to be abused. Maybe it is just me, but I hear it around much, read it in reviews more often than not, all rifles with a barrel seems to be "one holers".

My imagery of "one hole" is one hole the diameter of the pellet.
Last edited by steeldreams007 on March 12th, 2012, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 12th, 2012, 2:03 am #4

I read that claim around everywhere. It seems all rifles easily achieve that feat. Just what is a real ONE hole at x distance?
well allot of times i would say it is when all shots are touching, and creates one hole in target, not necessarily one bullet size hole.just that the bullets are close enough to create one whole.

March 12th, 2012, 2:07 am #5

I always and easily get one hole if I shoot just one shot.

Otherwise, "one hole" seems to be abused. Maybe it is just me, but I hear it around much, read it in reviews more often than not, all rifles with a barrel seems to be "one holers".

My imagery of "one hole" is one hole the diameter of the pellet.
I hear you Dave it is used allot! I promise from now on if I use it I will only shoot once! and claim a one hole target!! LOL!!!

March 12th, 2012, 2:09 am #6

well allot of times i would say it is when all shots are touching, and creates one hole in target, not necessarily one bullet size hole.just that the bullets are close enough to create one whole.
so the expression "one hole" is more of qualitative description, but it attracts and arouses the impression of excellent precision better than c-t-c.

March 12th, 2012, 2:09 am #7

all 5 shots are touching and forming one hole. Then I want a measurement of that hole. For example, "a one hole group that measures .350 inches CTC"

March 12th, 2012, 2:11 am #8

When I say 'one hole' I mean this...

or this...

or this....

....now if I say 'one ragged hole' or 'clover-leaf' I'll mean this...

or this...

Others measurements may vary...

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

March 12th, 2012, 2:12 am #9

What you described is one ragged hole in my definition book. One hole is when all 5 shots do not expand the hole hardly over the size of the projectile.

March 12th, 2012, 2:17 am #10

and I find it hard to undo that imagery in my mind.

One ragged hole is simply not the same as this interpretation of a real One Hole.