What can I expect from a Stock Marauder 177 straight from the store?

What can I expect from a Stock Marauder 177 straight from the store?

September 2nd, 2012, 4:01 am #1

Im about to get a Marauder 177 and Id like to know if I will need to do any tuning on the gun? I want to push 10.5 Crossman Premier pellets between 885 fps and 915 fps. Does anyone how fast the Marauder will shoot 10.5 Premiers with the factory tune? Do you know what pressure the gun should be filled to? How many shots in a consistent string starting at what fill pressure to what fill pressure?

My plan is to start shooting with a chronograph (and targets) and see if the factory settings work OK. If they do not, Ill try to find a local Marauder owner to help me tune my gun.

All the things people have done to Marauders. De-pingers, regulators, HDD, Hammer Spring Preload, Hammer Stroke, metering screw.. Makes it tough on a new to air gun guy. It would be nice if the gun shoots well out of the box with nothing done to it!

Thanks,
Eric

September 2nd, 2012, 4:19 pm #2

At the top of this page. I copied it and had it on my bench while setting up my .25. You don't need a pro tuner to set one of these up, just a large supply of air and pellets, and an equally large supply of patience. Can't help with the other questions about the .177, although I do recall reading that the .177 and .22's are factory tuned for a 2000 psi fill, which is where you'd want it for running on CO2. De-pingers, HDD's, and regulators are all aftermarket pieces, and it's up to you to decide if your particular rifle will benefit from any of them. Keep reading and asking questions, you'll find your answers . Later.

Dave

September 2nd, 2012, 4:27 pm #3

Go to this site. For more info then you will need.

But to answer your question is to clean the barrel and shoot it.

I think the speed you want is to fast. Shoot your gun for accuracy not speed.

http://www.marauderairrifle.com/

September 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm #4

Im about to get a Marauder 177 and Id like to know if I will need to do any tuning on the gun? I want to push 10.5 Crossman Premier pellets between 885 fps and 915 fps. Does anyone how fast the Marauder will shoot 10.5 Premiers with the factory tune? Do you know what pressure the gun should be filled to? How many shots in a consistent string starting at what fill pressure to what fill pressure?

My plan is to start shooting with a chronograph (and targets) and see if the factory settings work OK. If they do not, Ill try to find a local Marauder owner to help me tune my gun.

All the things people have done to Marauders. De-pingers, regulators, HDD, Hammer Spring Preload, Hammer Stroke, metering screw.. Makes it tough on a new to air gun guy. It would be nice if the gun shoots well out of the box with nothing done to it!

Thanks,
Eric
I have a .22 and have fiddled with HDDs and hammer springs with some marginal changes. These gadgets do give some marginal improvement, but at the expense of other things. I would just shoot the gun as is for the moment, then you may want to experiment later.

September 5th, 2012, 11:58 am #5

Thanks,
Eric
http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/index.php