What are your opinions on

What are your opinions on

September 8th, 2017, 11:22 pm #1

adjustable mounts such as FX No Limits, Hawke Adjustable, Sun Optics and/or Sports Match on springers above 12ft/lbs and below 20ft/lbs? I just wonder if they are worth while due to springers recoil? Also they could serve dual purposes such as if your rifle has droop and to keep your scope at its optical center without clicking or bending the barrel. I for one would think that they wouldn't stay still for long.

September 8th, 2017, 11:53 pm #2

They come with plastic spherical inserts so you can adjust them +- 40 moa.

September 8th, 2017, 11:57 pm #3

a scope without making more than a few clicks on the turrets. And, once zeroed in they do NOT change.

September 8th, 2017, 11:58 pm #4

adjustable mounts such as FX No Limits, Hawke Adjustable, Sun Optics and/or Sports Match on springers above 12ft/lbs and below 20ft/lbs? I just wonder if they are worth while due to springers recoil? Also they could serve dual purposes such as if your rifle has droop and to keep your scope at its optical center without clicking or bending the barrel. I for one would think that they wouldn't stay still for long.
Only adj. mount i've used is the BSquare(now SunOptic)one-piece adj. mount. Used it on a BSA Supersport to help deal with droop. Kinda funky to adjust but it worked perfectly.

September 9th, 2017, 12:55 am #5

They come with plastic spherical inserts so you can adjust them +- 40 moa.
So there is 40moa, no more, no less? Nt

September 9th, 2017, 12:56 am #6

a scope without making more than a few clicks on the turrets. And, once zeroed in they do NOT change.
How do they work? Nt

September 9th, 2017, 12:57 am #7

Only adj. mount i've used is the BSquare(now SunOptic)one-piece adj. mount. Used it on a BSA Supersport to help deal with droop. Kinda funky to adjust but it worked perfectly.
Funky how? PITA? NT

September 9th, 2017, 1:11 am #8

a B-Square and a RWS C-Mount finding that mounting the scope, shooting a few groups, then un-mounting the scope to make adjustments so I could check the zero which took a good amount of time only to have them "shake loose" after a while. Those episodes a couple decades ago soured me on the antics od adjustable mounts so I started bending my barrels. LOL...bending a barrel is a quicker and easier process for me that doesn't require mounting/un-mounting/re-mounting yada yada yada and the bent barrel is a long term fix, well, until I change a scope or mount anywhoo.

LOL....here is a damaged "screw on" Beeman scope rail that was damaged by an adjustable RWS C-Mount when trying to tighten it enough to stay put. The "milled scrape out the back" was caused by a Beeman non-adjustable one piece mount (rebadged Sports Match) that had insufficient stop pin exposure from the box.

I do believe that advancements have been made to the adjustable mounts since I tried them years ago and I've read that some can be adjusted without un-mounting/re-mounting the scope and there are quite a few positive posts, however I prefer the simplicity and permanence of simply bending the barrel.
Last edited by SpringerEd on September 9th, 2017, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 9th, 2017, 1:17 am #10