August 30th, 2012, 6:32 pm #1

The new rules for WFTF can be found here:

http://www.world-field-target-federatio ... 0Rules.pdf

Interesting.

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

August 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm #2

1) The definition of a shot:
5.6 A shot is deemed to have been fired if air is discharged from a rifle.

2) The no-nonsense 'malfunction' procedure:
5.9 Any disputed score must be challenged immediately after a shot is fired. Under no circumstances should the competitor touch the reset cord until the dispute has been resolved. Targets should be checked by the Marshal whose decision is final. Any target found to be defective should be repaired or replaced immediately and may be re-shot by only the shooter who had challenged the shot.

Question: I wonder how they resolve a target falling with a face-plate hit?
(e.g., the scorer notices that the shooter's target falls on a face-plate hit)

August 30th, 2012, 8:25 pm #3

what if the scorer is someone who you are competing directly against.
Last edited by LARRYPIRRONE1 on August 30th, 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 30th, 2012, 8:52 pm #4

5.9 Any disputed score must be challenged immediately after a shot is fired. Under no circumstances should the competitor touch the reset cord until the dispute has been resolved. Targets should be checked by the Marshal whose decision is final. Any target found to be defective should be repaired or replaced immediately and may be re-shot by only the shooter who had challenged the shot.

you don't see many if ANY face plate hits taking a target down.

That is a problem when higher power guns come into play.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)
<p>YouTube Videos</p>

August 30th, 2012, 10:08 pm #5

I wonder if its not on the list then its not allowed? For example, I saw pics of a couple of guys using a thigh pod. Its not on the list so is it illegal?

Also, "no additional equipment, electronic or other, may be used to assist the shooter in evaluating the wind or other weather conditions." So is the talcum powder now illegal?

Just curious.
Jeff P
Last edited by pad617 on August 30th, 2012, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 30th, 2012, 10:17 pm #6

I'm going to start in on a stock in the next couple of months - it would be good to know if I should both adding this device or not.

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

lhd

August 30th, 2012, 10:25 pm #7

Some are mixing WORLD rules and their application with the USA/WFTF class game. This is obvious by Ray's answer.

August 30th, 2012, 10:35 pm #8

If the target falls, it's counted. (Rule 5.5) If it remains standing, too bad. That seems to be the way it works. I don't think you will see many issues with targets not working property at the World matches.

Harold
Harold Rushton

August 30th, 2012, 10:38 pm #9

Some are mixing WORLD rules and their application with the USA/WFTF class game. This is obvious by Ray's answer.
While I will likely never compete at a high level or travel abroad (since I can barely make it to the occasional local match) and it wouldn't affect me much if at all, others like Harold, Greg, etc that do go and shoot those matches, my guess is they'd want their rifles set up to meet the rules that the Worlds would be held under. I'd imagine they don't want to shoot all year with a thigh rest under USA WFTF class rules then have to remove it for a Worlds match. Then again, I can't speak for them so I'd be interested to hear their take on it.

-Casey

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

August 30th, 2012, 10:38 pm #10

I wonder if its not on the list then its not allowed? For example, I saw pics of a couple of guys using a thigh pod. Its not on the list so is it illegal?

Also, "no additional equipment, electronic or other, may be used to assist the shooter in evaluating the wind or other weather conditions." So is the talcum powder now illegal?

Just curious.
Jeff P
Jeff,

They have been allowing thigh rests for the past few years at World matches. These rules that Hector posted are the new rules that are effective immediately for World matches. So, I haven't had time to go through the new rules thoroughly. However, I did not see a prohibition of thigh rests in my initial scan of the rules.

The new rules did change the shape of allowed knee rests. The knee rest now must be FLAT as opposed to a cup, or other contoured shape. So, we will all have to conform to that regulation before next years world match.

Take care,

Harold
Harold Rushton