Went to Gander Mountain today and bought...........

Went to Gander Mountain today and bought...........

January 16th, 2007, 2:50 am #1

a Chinese clone of a Gamo (I think) for $99. I bought a Crosman Quest and the gun seems to be several steps above the $20 Chinese B3s I bought. By the way, anyone know which brand of Chinese gun Crosman is sellin' as the Quest?

The metal woork actually seems to be pretty good and it even came with a nicely finished WOODEN stock and a 4x scope. The scope has no AO but it does seem surprisingly clear and it will be interesting to see how it will work or if will hold up.

I haven't done any accuracy testing yet because the thing is still dieseling like a Mac truck after a CPL and a half dozen heavy Kodiac Match pellets. I'll be tearing it apart for a degreasing and wved home tune and I'm wondering what the accuracy will be when the dust settles.

I already like it better than the Gamo Shadow I shot a couple years ago because the trigger on my particular gun is crisper than the Gamo and it doesn't have nearly as much creep. Now if NCSteve's trigger enhansin' thingy will work in the Quest I should end up with a pretty decent trigger. Also, while my Chinese clone does twang and vibrate it doesn't "shake rattle & roll" nearly as much as the Gamo Shadow I tried to zero for a friend.

Oh well....when I get the time I'll tear the gun apart for a relube, spring kit and perhaps some de-burring and then do some chrony/accuracy testin.

January 16th, 2007, 8:16 pm #2

great gun and accurate sweet shooter with a little help.
Cheers,
Walter...

January 17th, 2007, 12:01 am #3

Chinese forum when I realized that it really is a Chinese clone of a Gamo B19. Thanks again for your time!

January 17th, 2007, 5:51 pm #4

a Chinese clone of a Gamo (I think) for $99. I bought a Crosman Quest and the gun seems to be several steps above the $20 Chinese B3s I bought. By the way, anyone know which brand of Chinese gun Crosman is sellin' as the Quest?

The metal woork actually seems to be pretty good and it even came with a nicely finished WOODEN stock and a 4x scope. The scope has no AO but it does seem surprisingly clear and it will be interesting to see how it will work or if will hold up.

I haven't done any accuracy testing yet because the thing is still dieseling like a Mac truck after a CPL and a half dozen heavy Kodiac Match pellets. I'll be tearing it apart for a degreasing and wved home tune and I'm wondering what the accuracy will be when the dust settles.

I already like it better than the Gamo Shadow I shot a couple years ago because the trigger on my particular gun is crisper than the Gamo and it doesn't have nearly as much creep. Now if NCSteve's trigger enhansin' thingy will work in the Quest I should end up with a pretty decent trigger. Also, while my Chinese clone does twang and vibrate it doesn't "shake rattle & roll" nearly as much as the Gamo Shadow I tried to zero for a friend.

Oh well....when I get the time I'll tear the gun apart for a relube, spring kit and perhaps some de-burring and then do some chrony/accuracy testin.
up the guide. The twang is rough on shooter and equipment until you do, but you knew that already. ;?)

These are pretty decent guns with the requisite lube tune and guide.