well I think the US Airforce is going downhill.....

well I think the US Airforce is going downhill.....

August 4th, 2012, 12:50 am #1

well I think the US Airforce is going downhill.....When someone like me can make Staff Sergeant lol.
Nobody thought I would make it.Including me,I just walked in and took the test.
My supervisors were shocked and proud at the same time.

I didn't think I would pass since I didn't study and I guessed a lot on the test.
I guess Miracles do happen lol.

August 4th, 2012, 12:54 am #2

Steve

August 4th, 2012, 1:01 am #3

But I assume it was a joke poking fun of the Airforce from the other branches during the cold war?

August 4th, 2012, 2:09 am #4

well I think the US Airforce is going downhill.....When someone like me can make Staff Sergeant lol.

I didn't think I would pass since I didn't study and I guessed a lot on the test.
Travis, whats your line number, when do ya sew it on? before or after you reinlist LOL.
Guess they need ya more than you think, or they're just desperate. making it first time out is hard in some fields and if you didnt study, well chances are slim to none.
Good job .

Hey, Shirley say's Hi and congrats. She knew you were inteligent, this show's it. looks like it was a good field to be in,right, who knows MSgt in a couple years

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal
Last edited by threex4 on August 4th, 2012, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 4th, 2012, 2:20 am #5

he was probably sleeping at 30,000 feet in the S.A.C. Ah, the good old triumvirate. On the land, under the sea and in the air. Them was the days.

My personal favorite from the times -

Last edited by RedFeather on August 4th, 2012, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 4th, 2012, 2:42 am #6

Travis, whats your line number, when do ya sew it on? before or after you reinlist LOL.
Guess they need ya more than you think, or they're just desperate. making it first time out is hard in some fields and if you didnt study, well chances are slim to none.
Good job .

Hey, Shirley say's Hi and congrats. She knew you were inteligent, this show's it. looks like it was a good field to be in,right, who knows MSgt in a couple years

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal
Hey Buster!Good to hear from you.

Well I was told in my career field its hard to promote,less spots,10 volumes of cdcs to test you on,less chances to earn extra points etc.I was Shocked I made it,all the other higher ups were shocked,my supervisor said I scored like 2 points less than him and he studied six months the second time he tested.My line number is 12,six hundred something.I would sow on in july next year,but enlistment ends Dec1.

I'm not sure my over all score,and how its all calculated,but they said I beat the cuttoff by 11points.

My choices are Resign for 4 years and hope I get a flight job and make it[if I don't Its back to the old job,shudder]and like it,cuz if I don't or I wash out its gonna be a long 3 or so years.

I really thought Guard would be the way to go,I could Do Tac P so I could feel I did something exciting and prove to my self I can do it,something to look back on and feel I did something in this time of war and be proud.

I also like the fact I can deploy and then come back and not have to be in garrison,the only thing is I have no idea what to go to school for,and the job market sucks.If I stay active and the job is boring but I can at least have a house and food,I like to eat lol.

So Do I take the risk or play it safe? One funny thing is I have had a few surgeries in the Air force and I can go guard Tac P and even special ops down the road,but still would collect Va disability,,,,kinda weird huh?

Tell Shirley Hi.

Hows that discovery shooting?that is a sweet gun.

Dont know if I ever thanked you for having me over those times when I was in training in Tx,I really appreciated the escapes from the dorms.

August 4th, 2012, 3:59 am #7

armed forces. What I can tell you is that the Army is now going through a close process of evaluating each man and woman before re enlistment. James was given orders to evaluate his men before going to Afghanistan. Those that were just in to collect a pay check stayed behind with a no re enlistment tags on them. I think what is going to happen is that our armed forces is going to be like the Marines,a chosen few.
Case in point,,,my neighbor Jimmy, was in the Air Force 11 years,made E4 and that was it so when his enlistment came up, they said sorry your going home.
Now maybe it is because the hole family is playing with 37 cards rather than 52. But how is it that they never have worked a day in their lives and collect state aid and well fair?

August 4th, 2012, 5:58 am #8

Steve

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>

August 4th, 2012, 10:50 am #9

armed forces. What I can tell you is that the Army is now going through a close process of evaluating each man and woman before re enlistment. James was given orders to evaluate his men before going to Afghanistan. Those that were just in to collect a pay check stayed behind with a no re enlistment tags on them. I think what is going to happen is that our armed forces is going to be like the Marines,a chosen few.
Case in point,,,my neighbor Jimmy, was in the Air Force 11 years,made E4 and that was it so when his enlistment came up, they said sorry your going home.
Now maybe it is because the hole family is playing with 37 cards rather than 52. But how is it that they never have worked a day in their lives and collect state aid and well fair?
It's hard getting enough people that are smart enough to operate the technologically advanced equipment the military uses now.

August 4th, 2012, 12:19 pm #10

you wouldn't be satisfied with rank any less than emperor of the universe, and then slap them across the face with a pair of gauntlets. or you could simply reflect on your stellar qualities while graciously accepting the bump.
good for you kid!!!!! stay with it!!!!! continued employment!!!!

small caliber joy