Weaver KASPA series scope pics

Weaver KASPA series scope pics

August 8th, 2012, 9:19 pm #1

As promised here are a few pics -

now my photography skills aren't great but these pics are pretty good.

hard to get the camera to focus properly through the scope lens so I only got 80 - 90 % clarity or sharpness
properly translated to the digital images.

Through the eye .. the glass is a bit better.

Here is the scope on the Wizzer

and as you can see - considerably pushed past the 10 yard marked focal point - I lazered it's lowest clear focus down to 8 yards.

It will go down to 6 yards but it is fuzzy at 12 power.

Ok so here is a 1" Kill zone on a Bunny at 55 ydsat x12 power (very bright - overhead sunshine)

Now the same 1" kill zone at 30 yds again at x12 power

and now the money shot !

x12 power at 8 yds a 1" kill zone.

I'll try the same shots in low light conditions with the illuminated reticle this evening if I can.

Continued safe shooting.

James

August 8th, 2012, 11:25 pm #2

I am interested in seeing how it holds up on a springer. Could be the hot new scope for Hunter FT. Thanks for the info & the pics, which btw are just fine.

Vines

August 8th, 2012, 11:33 pm #3

is the fixed X10 power 44mm MTC Viper ... similar xmas tree reticule ..

but they are closer to $300 new and only available through the UK

+ they don't have the illuminated reticle -

They are hugely popular with the Hunter FT crowd in the UK .. if that says anything.

I regretted selling that scope for $200 about a year ago ... but not now as this is a far superior replacement.

Cheers
James

lhd

August 10th, 2012, 2:13 am #4

The UK Hunter crowd PREFER a scope with a very wide focal range ... in other words, one that can display a target with reasonable clarity over a large range of distances.

This preference is GREAT for hunters, and in a way, I kindof like it myself, both for hunting, and for hunter Field Target the way I personally do it (mostly ranging by eye). But it is BAD for folks that expect to use the thing as a decent tool for actual ranging.
Last edited by lhd on August 11th, 2012, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 10th, 2012, 3:55 pm #5

As a result I think fixed 10x scopes are the most popular over there since they meet most of their needs and tend to be reasonably priced. However I have seen that other guys who are able/willing to spend more $$$ are using a 2.5-8x36 Leupold Mk4 model with a TMR reticle. It's a $1000+ scope but I guess the small objective combined with nice optics and side focus allow them to mount the scope really low and have a very deep depth of field.

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org