We're going to get some targets off the ground!!!

We're going to get some targets off the ground!!!

September 30th, 2011, 6:15 am #1

I was notified today that the purchase order has been approved for material to build brackets for installing some tree mounts. This is great news. Not only will we be able to permanently mount some targets on the course but the course will have greater variation from shot to shot. Should make for some fun shooting.

We're making enough brackets to place 30 targets up high. We will soon be utilizing 5 additional lanes that have been cleared, bringing our total to 15 of 30 planned. Very exciting.

I'm looking forward to learning how to best set up a course that will challenge every class of shooter. It was really impressive to hear what our returning World's shooters had to say about the course in Italy. I'd love to do that here.

Paul

Map to the FT Park> http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=115 ... AL%2036264

September 30th, 2011, 7:57 pm #2

put a target high in a fairly skinny tree. When the wind blows the tree moves. The target will actually move in and out of your site picture on high mag. It made for a fun target and some interesting/colorful comments from shooters...

Frank

October 1st, 2011, 5:26 am #3

I was notified today that the purchase order has been approved for material to build brackets for installing some tree mounts. This is great news. Not only will we be able to permanently mount some targets on the course but the course will have greater variation from shot to shot. Should make for some fun shooting.

We're making enough brackets to place 30 targets up high. We will soon be utilizing 5 additional lanes that have been cleared, bringing our total to 15 of 30 planned. Very exciting.

I'm looking forward to learning how to best set up a course that will challenge every class of shooter. It was really impressive to hear what our returning World's shooters had to say about the course in Italy. I'd love to do that here.

Paul

Map to the FT Park> http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=115 ... AL%2036264
<p>they seem to have plenty as evidenced at the World's, haha. Great idea, might want to figure a way to make them moveable, so the targets don't get "stale", being in the same place always. We often use ratchet straps to do our tree mounts, but we can't leave anything permanent, shooting on Nat'l. Forest land. This is a great town you've got to work with, Paul!</p><p>RicG</p>
Last edited by wheelsroller on October 1st, 2011, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 1st, 2011, 12:51 pm #4

This was a ball buster uphill shot. Up the hill and part way up a tree. I used several new positions over there!
Greg S

October 1st, 2011, 5:49 pm #5

Hi Greg,

What kind of shooting jacket do you use? What about the UK and Euro guys at the worlds? I see the button up kind and the strap kind. Curious to get your thoughts.

Thanks,
Casey

Where I'm learning to shoot FT - come check it out!

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

CASA on Twitter -http://twitter.com/socasaft

October 1st, 2011, 6:51 pm #6

Casey,

I have a Creedmoor hardback. A lot of the European guys wear the ISSF type (like a 10 meter jacket, Champions Choice has them). To tell the truth, I wish I had left the jacket at home when I was in Italy. It weighs about 7 lbs and is HOT. It made treking through those hills harder. It does help a bit on standers and I built my WFTF position with it so I wore it. I would recommend their light jacket. Still gives support but not so hot and heavy. In fact I plan to order one.

I would check out the Creedmoor website, look up the hard back then check out the lite version. Leather sleeves are really nice too. Much more flexible.

Greg S

October 1st, 2011, 7:18 pm #7

This was a ball buster uphill shot. Up the hill and part way up a tree. I used several new positions over there!
Greg S
Would you say you aimed generally at the bottom of the kill zone or did you use some real scientific method for those shots?

Thanks
Jeff P

October 2nd, 2011, 2:54 am #8

Jeff
I knocked off 3-4 yards &aimed at bottom of KZ.
Greg