Want to fill plastic Stock ,Silicone or Bondo ?

November 11th, 2017, 5:21 am #1

Want to fill my Gamo Syn.Stock with Silicone . Is that the way to go ? Thanks!

November 11th, 2017, 10:23 am #2

I would consider foam insulation that comes in a can, its cheap and light. Bondo, especially, is heavy, unless your looking for the weight.

November 11th, 2017, 3:41 pm #3

Wadded up newspaper, foam peanuts, old t-shirts, plastic shopping bags can be stuffed tightly in place. A bag of spent pellets or some other type of weight may be included
to alter balance or add weight.

Non permanent installation will allow one to try different configurations now or in the future.

November 11th, 2017, 5:52 pm #4

Go to Lowes-Depot and feel the heft of a Full Caulking Tube of GE 100% Silicone Clear. Consider the amount of space you want to fill in the butt stock and Fore arm of your Gamo.
One to 1-1/2 tubes is about all you can get inside one. It will add considerable heft to your stock, which I assume is what you are desiring.
You can attach an extension of plastic tubing, (6 inches?) to the end of the caulk tube and reach into deep spaces otherwise inaccessible. Start at the deepest point and squeeze out silicone as you slowly withdraw the tube towards you to fill all the recesses.
I used non hardening window glazing compound in my Gamo S1K. But upon reflection, I believe this to be a much more efficient method.
Tube of 100% Silicone $5 each, Caulking Gun $2, 12 inches Plastic tubing (fuel hose) $1.
Now my Gamo feels and shoots more stable. A good investment. Go for it, you will be glad. (I performed many other Mods as well, guides, top hat, drop in trigger, tune, de burr, polish, etc.).
HTH,
doug,P.

November 11th, 2017, 11:04 pm #5

Wadded up newspaper, foam peanuts, old t-shirts, plastic shopping bags can be stuffed tightly in place. A bag of spent pellets or some other type of weight may be included
to alter balance or add weight.

Non permanent installation will allow one to try different configurations now or in the future.
For weight, nothing beats some recycled pellets melted into a chunk of copper tube. GOOP (urethane adhesive) that into the stock as high in the comb as you can manage, just ahead of the butt pad.

November 12th, 2017, 5:23 am #6

Go to Lowes-Depot and feel the heft of a Full Caulking Tube of GE 100% Silicone Clear. Consider the amount of space you want to fill in the butt stock and Fore arm of your Gamo.
One to 1-1/2 tubes is about all you can get inside one. It will add considerable heft to your stock, which I assume is what you are desiring.
You can attach an extension of plastic tubing, (6 inches?) to the end of the caulk tube and reach into deep spaces otherwise inaccessible. Start at the deepest point and squeeze out silicone as you slowly withdraw the tube towards you to fill all the recesses.
I used non hardening window glazing compound in my Gamo S1K. But upon reflection, I believe this to be a much more efficient method.
Tube of 100% Silicone $5 each, Caulking Gun $2, 12 inches Plastic tubing (fuel hose) $1.
Now my Gamo feels and shoots more stable. A good investment. Go for it, you will be glad. (I performed many other Mods as well, guides, top hat, drop in trigger, tune, de burr, polish, etc.).
HTH,
doug,P.
Thanks to Doug and others for Great Ideas ! You Guys are The Best !

November 12th, 2017, 12:22 pm #7

the roll of pennies placed strategically near the pistol grip area of a Panther 34. The gun is heavy, but well balanced, and the weight really helps the shot cycle, along with a good tune of course.

November 12th, 2017, 3:42 pm #8

my plastic butt stocks with old used or cheap pellets or 1/2 to 2/3 pellets and then stuffed with news paper. I tried cat litter. I was quieter but to light.