VH leaves 6 less pests around my friends chickens {graphic}

VH leaves 6 less pests around my friends chickens {graphic}

January 10th, 2009, 5:37 pm #1

Cold and snow on the way i went to my spot where it's quiet let out my friends chickens and tossed out some food .Sitting in my truck about 5 minutes and the fun started . All birds where taken from the 20 to 25 yrd's off the fence as they looked for scraps spent an hour and did alrihgt every 10 minutes they came back took 7 shots varmint hunter with 17cal rws misterkuglen are right on at this range so much fun .[/IMG]As i was leaving a lone crow flew in and sat a top a 70 ft pine i had the AA410 loaded with 18.1 JSB heavyhe gave me time and i took it at 50 yrds out and 70 ft up no wind i felt real good about this as i slowly squeezed the trigger . Three small belly feathers and he was gone lack of hold over cost me a crow at a fun rangeit would have been a nice cherry in this morning bag but i have no complaints .Got six fresh brown eggs to boot . .Snow football and some stale corn muffins all weekend should bring in more starlings winter in NY ain't so bad ,got a few greenheads yesterday also . How i love my airguns
Last edited by papagrande on January 10th, 2009, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 11th, 2009, 12:28 am #2

What are the best groups you have gotten at 20-40 yards?

January 11th, 2009, 12:28 am #3

Cold and snow on the way i went to my spot where it's quiet let out my friends chickens and tossed out some food .Sitting in my truck about 5 minutes and the fun started . All birds where taken from the 20 to 25 yrd's off the fence as they looked for scraps spent an hour and did alrihgt every 10 minutes they came back took 7 shots varmint hunter with 17cal rws misterkuglen are right on at this range so much fun .[/IMG]As i was leaving a lone crow flew in and sat a top a 70 ft pine i had the AA410 loaded with 18.1 JSB heavyhe gave me time and i took it at 50 yrds out and 70 ft up no wind i felt real good about this as i slowly squeezed the trigger . Three small belly feathers and he was gone lack of hold over cost me a crow at a fun rangeit would have been a nice cherry in this morning bag but i have no complaints .Got six fresh brown eggs to boot . .Snow football and some stale corn muffins all weekend should bring in more starlings winter in NY ain't so bad ,got a few greenheads yesterday also . How i love my airguns
Great shooting.

January 11th, 2009, 12:44 am #4

Thanks i have it zeroed at 25 yards with misterkugeln 8.2 grain it will take and english sparrow 8 out of ten times groups about the size of a dime at 40 yards will shoot inside a quarter give or take .I only shoot paper to zero in and then it's all game, varmints and pests so grouping isn't my strong suit but this is a fun shooter have taken many grackles starlings and english sparrows with it in the 1 1/2 years i have it. Went back to split some wood this afternoon and got 4 more starlings and 3 more English sparrows in the snow fun day for sure
Last edited by papagrande on January 11th, 2009, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 11th, 2009, 12:59 am #5

How much fpe do you think it's pushing? Forgot to ask last post...

January 11th, 2009, 3:04 am #6

i really don't know what the fpe is but i would think at least 12

January 11th, 2009, 3:31 pm #7

I need to try to way-lay some starlings around here.