Update for .22 mrod noise.

Update for .22 mrod noise.

December 29th, 2010, 2:00 pm #1

A few weeks ago I had an issue with my .22 mrod being very loud. I tried tuning it per many different recommendations. I called crosman and they advised me to send it in. Well I got it back yesterday and when i shot it I thought it was broken. I put it over the chrony and its shooting kodiak hevies at 840 fps. Its been said over and over, but I must say it again. I love crosman customer service. They are a second to none class act company. Thanks crosman. Thanks to all of you for trying to help me out.

December 29th, 2010, 3:29 pm #2

Not much of a surprise really, given Crosman's history of service and all. What was the issue?

Doug Owen

December 29th, 2010, 4:18 pm #3

I am not sure. They didnt leave any notes on what was done.

December 29th, 2010, 4:30 pm #4

Not much of a surprise really, given Crosman's history of service and all. What was the issue?

Doug Owen
What is your best guess?

December 29th, 2010, 6:07 pm #5

I couldnt begin to guess. All the baffles were there. All the shroud o-rings were there, and in good shape. The only adjustment to make it pipe down was the velocity screw, but there would be very little power.

December 29th, 2010, 7:10 pm #6

A few weeks ago I had an issue with my .22 mrod being very loud. I tried tuning it per many different recommendations. I called crosman and they advised me to send it in. Well I got it back yesterday and when i shot it I thought it was broken. I put it over the chrony and its shooting kodiak hevies at 840 fps. Its been said over and over, but I must say it again. I love crosman customer service. They are a second to none class act company. Thanks crosman. Thanks to all of you for trying to help me out.
Tell us what fill pressure gave that velocity and what are the tune settings that Crosman set it at (hammer spring, preload, valve port adjuster).

Thanks

-EC