Update/1250 /hole in barrel

Update/1250 /hole in barrel

March 12th, 2007, 9:05 pm #1

I called Gamo to tell them about this vertical hole drilled into the barrel.I was told that this hole is supposed to be there and that it shouldnt affect the accuracy.The nice lady said if I have a problem with the rifle that I can send it in and they will have a look at it.I ordered some breech seals because mine got messed up or was messed up...Anyway ,I"ll add new seal and seal and continue to shoot the 1250.I really like the power of it .
Last edited by 17remfan on March 12th, 2007, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2007, 1:35 am #2

remove the old one and reverse it. This will allow you to keep shooting.

March 13th, 2007, 1:48 am #3

The seal didnt look reversible to me at all.Thanks for the info. I"ll check it again.I have alot to learn here.Ive got a nice supply of domed pellets on the way to .

March 13th, 2007, 5:04 am #4

I called Gamo to tell them about this vertical hole drilled into the barrel.I was told that this hole is supposed to be there and that it shouldnt affect the accuracy.The nice lady said if I have a problem with the rifle that I can send it in and they will have a look at it.I ordered some breech seals because mine got messed up or was messed up...Anyway ,I"ll add new seal and seal and continue to shoot the 1250.I really like the power of it .
I take it this is a blind hole in the barrel? Is it there to hold a knurled knibbling pin or something? It would be interesting to hear Gamo's explanation.

What, me worry???

March 13th, 2007, 4:29 pm #5

coming unscrewed. Personally, I would not accept it in my gun, but I'm sure as you said below, it probably has no effect on performance. Don't some semi-auto firearms (the ones that use gas to move the mechanisms) have a hole in the barrel?

March 14th, 2007, 8:35 pm #6

There are some designs that siphon off the gasses to work a piston or action rod mechanism to reload the gun. Of course, you are likely shooting a jacketed bullet or hard lead in those.

I think Gamo's QC should be taken to task for an oversight like this. Drilling a hole to lock the barrel/sight is one thing, but going through to the bore is another. That's just plain sloppy as the barrel walls are sufficient to give them more than enough metal to work with. Just a sorry drilling jig, most likely. Maybe they are spending more time on cosmetics than they should be.

What, me worry???

March 14th, 2007, 9:21 pm #7

have this so its not normal. I would send it back, but its not my call.

March 14th, 2007, 9:30 pm #8

Is it possible to post a photo of the hole so we can see were it is all about?

i would not want one in mine, but maybe it has a function?

March 14th, 2007, 10:07 pm #9

Sorry.I have no camera that would be able to take a photo clearly enough to properly show here.Just picture a pinhole into the rifling about 2" in from the end of the barrel . It is located dirrectly under the rear sight.It would be interesting to learn which 1250 have this, meaning new or old and how many.I would think it new ones since mine is brand new.Maybe if i get some time I will cal gamo back and try to see what reason they give for this opening to be there. When I caled last time the girl asked a supervisor and he said it should be there but I didnt get a reason why.Has anyone else made an Inquirey to Gamo about this and what if anything did they tell ya???

March 14th, 2007, 11:34 pm #10

I saw this first time 8-10years ago and this was NOT a 1250.

Since Ive seen 3 or 4 gamos with same hole in the barrel, I live in europe, so I suspect theres LOTS of gamos outthere with this problem.

I dont really care if ppl believe it or not, why should I lie, I got no reason to flame gamo, just sharing my experience, gained in shooting airguns and powderburners for 20years.