Umarex Ebos Add. How does this work?

Umarex Ebos Add. How does this work?

November 15th, 2010, 12:51 pm #1

Just read a Umarex Ebos add where the gun is advertised as a Semi Auto. The add also specifies 1-4 or 8 shot bursts. Obviously 1 shot is not what is considered a burst but how do you get an 8 shot burst from a semi auto? Maybe I misunderstand thier terminology?

November 15th, 2010, 1:50 pm #2

The Drozd has a burst mode as well... a solenoid operates the valve and onboard electronics pulse the solenoid 1, 3, or 6 times per trigger actuation, according to the selector switch setting. There is a separate selector for rate of fire... up to 600 RPM in stock form. I'd assume this is close to the same. The Drozd is a blast to shoot but will quickly deplete your BB supply.

November 15th, 2010, 3:36 pm #3

on an EBOS the burst comes from a motor which is controlled by a chip on a circuit board powered by 6 aa cells. The gun is fairly well made and cheap to purchase but expensive to operate. I added some barrel length and made an adapter out of the first 88gram to run off paint ball tanks, have a hose coming for it as we speak. It is as others say going to put a smile on your face. using the 88 gram tanks it will put you in the poor house. with bulk it uses a pound of co2 that costs me $1 for the same amount of gas that comes in 3 maybe 4 88gram tanks. I have maybe 4000 rounds thru mine using the temp adapter with no malfuntions. a real fun gun. John

November 15th, 2010, 3:36 pm #4

Just read a Umarex Ebos add where the gun is advertised as a Semi Auto. The add also specifies 1-4 or 8 shot bursts. Obviously 1 shot is not what is considered a burst but how do you get an 8 shot burst from a semi auto? Maybe I misunderstand thier terminology?
But how does a Semi Auto have burst fire? That would be full auto.

November 16th, 2010, 12:08 am #5

semi auto is a one single shot, it has a switch for 1 shot, 4 shot burst or 8 shots. each is activated with a single pull of trigger. you just got to try one, a legal machine gun! john

July 21st, 2011, 4:25 am #6

on an EBOS the burst comes from a motor which is controlled by a chip on a circuit board powered by 6 aa cells. The gun is fairly well made and cheap to purchase but expensive to operate. I added some barrel length and made an adapter out of the first 88gram to run off paint ball tanks, have a hose coming for it as we speak. It is as others say going to put a smile on your face. using the 88 gram tanks it will put you in the poor house. with bulk it uses a pound of co2 that costs me $1 for the same amount of gas that comes in 3 maybe 4 88gram tanks. I have maybe 4000 rounds thru mine using the temp adapter with no malfuntions. a real fun gun. John
How or where did you get a longer barrel for this gun? Thanks