TX200 Tune Kits which do you like why

TX200 Tune Kits which do you like why

September 15th, 2010, 3:21 am #1

I am considering a tune kit on the TX200. I have shot it for a year and I am ready to smooth it out and get it close or at 12lbs. I have seen the two tune kits that are easy to get the Air Rifle Headquarters or the Vortex. I Shot Steve Vs Vortex kit TX and man was it better then mine What do you like not like about each kit? What do recommend why?

Every Blessing
Alan Hughes

September 15th, 2010, 1:10 pm #2

Have someone turn you a guide to fit your spring. Real cheap and it works wonders. I have a few steel guides that I mix and match to find a good fit on JM springs and there is very little difference between the shot cycle on them and a pro tuned gun. Buying factory guides and springs is a bit expensive and there's no guarantee the fit will be tight enough, but I have 5 TX's and a PS, so I have a selection of spares to mix and match.

September 15th, 2010, 1:50 pm #3

depending on the gun the minimum fpe will likely be somewhat higher than
12 fpe if that is an issue. I think Tom is working on one that will get you just under 12 to accomodate the Europians. the JM kit is also very smooth but will likely be in the 13-14 fpe range.

September 15th, 2010, 2:26 pm #4

I am considering a tune kit on the TX200. I have shot it for a year and I am ready to smooth it out and get it close or at 12lbs. I have seen the two tune kits that are easy to get the Air Rifle Headquarters or the Vortex. I Shot Steve Vs Vortex kit TX and man was it better then mine What do you like not like about each kit? What do recommend why?

Every Blessing
Alan Hughes
My TX has the newest Vortek kit, which is power adjustable. I put it in the way it comes from Vortek, but IIRC Tony I. installed his minus the front guide spacers and it was right at 11&3/4 fpe.

Also, if you don't quite have the budget for a new kit, you might want to try putting some shrink wrap on your rear guide for a tighter fit. That and some fresh lube might smooth her out?

HTH

Vines

September 15th, 2010, 3:18 pm #5

Every Blessing
Alan Hughes
with 8.4gr Exacts. I love this kit, almost zero pre-load on the spring makes installation silly simple, even compared to stock, plus the adjustability with the included spacers is a very nice feature. Very smooth, quiet, and torque free...made a very accurate rifle more shootable with less hold sensitivity and low cocking effort.

Regards,

Tony

September 15th, 2010, 5:48 pm #6

advertised 16ft/lb kit in a TX Mark II. It is shooting a little under 11 ft/lbs. I was wanting to get a 12ft/lb rifle set up.
This is good news about these spacers. I have just ordered some from Vortek. I hope this works.

September 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm #7

Every Blessing
Alan Hughes
Mine is a Mark III it is shooting CPL at 900

September 15th, 2010, 7:21 pm #8

with 8.4gr Exacts. I love this kit, almost zero pre-load on the spring makes installation silly simple, even compared to stock, plus the adjustability with the included spacers is a very nice feature. Very smooth, quiet, and torque free...made a very accurate rifle more shootable with less hold sensitivity and low cocking effort.

Regards,

Tony
i was talking to Tom. he indicated that he was talking to some guys who are getting higher that 12.0 with no load. on my gun i am quite a bit higher than 12.0 with no spacers.
Last edited by LARRYPIRRONE1 on September 15th, 2010, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 15th, 2010, 7:46 pm #9

with gold trigger, jeweled comp tube, FT Stock...FAC from the get go...

Regards,

Tony

September 15th, 2010, 7:48 pm #10

advertised 16ft/lb kit in a TX Mark II. It is shooting a little under 11 ft/lbs. I was wanting to get a 12ft/lb rifle set up.
This is good news about these spacers. I have just ordered some from Vortek. I hope this works.
either the original tune work or work done by prior owners on this TX. Am wondering if transfer port work had been done in the past...anyhoo, putting the adjustable power kit with iirc, 2 spacers, it got me right in at 11.5fpe or so.

I highly recommend the kit.

Regards,

Tony