Turkish Patriot

May 31st, 2017, 11:35 pm #1

So,after work today I decided to run a string of 10 shots over the chrony. I did a home-tune on this sucker a while back that included a Vortek spring and their moly impregnated piston seal. It was still pretty noisy and,while not as bad as stock, still a bit buzzy. My idea was to put a bit of Lucas Red and Tacky on the spring. I had already used some moly on it and elsewhere. The numbers with JSB 18.13's are as follows. High 831 Low 815 Avg 823 ES 16 SD 5. I WAS thinking about taking it back down and reassembling it a little dryer but the numbers seem fairly acceptable. I kinda think that,for a Springer,I should be happy with 27+ ft/lbs leave it alone,shaddup and just shoot the damn thing. Opinions??

June 1st, 2017, 1:08 am #2

and top hat,
you have to take this to my email
awaysmike@hotmail.com for details there is a fee for it.

did vorteck give you the small tub of lube when you bought the spring.

I have some of those tubs if you need one for spring dampening, your welcome to it

June 1st, 2017, 1:34 am #3

I may very well take You up on that offer! I have quite a bit of the Vortek lube on the bench,so I'm good on that...but Thanks for the generousity! BTW,if You recall I was working on the Turkish Tomahawk. I ended up giving it to my cousin for his birthday. He never had a decent airgun and was/is very satisfied with it. I just needed to make room for something different, You know how That goes,eh?

June 1st, 2017, 12:57 pm #4

I think I remember that Tommy you mentioned giving it to some one, Iam still doing two Turkish tomahawks as we speak Iam filming the project, both re barreled etc.projects taken so long o m g

nothing but issues thru out every step of the way.

June 1st, 2017, 3:00 pm #5

I monkeyed around with the Tommy long enough and the end result was just so so. It wasn't Bad, but in the end it just felt like a glorified 99.00 special. Say,is that the Patriot that was on the Classifieds with the nice wood? Seemed like a decent shooter,if so.

June 2nd, 2017, 12:02 am #6

It was my gun. It's a beauty and a very nice shooter. I have a hunch when gunsmiths, Turkish or otherwise, see nice wood....they make sure to compliment it with good steel. It was nice as is, by the time Mike gets finished with it, it will be exceptional.

June 2nd, 2017, 12:41 am #7

I purchased mine from Straight Shooters also and while it's a beast,I knew that going in. I worked on the trigger and found the Quattro especially easy to set up nicely once out of the gun. I currently have a Williams aperture sight on it and it works Great for me. I don't plan on letting it go, even though it's not the original UK model. It's an excellent hunter/plinker!

June 2nd, 2017, 2:46 am #8

LOL yes that is the one ,, still boxed I will open it this weekend N t