Trophies and Prizes for the Temecula WFTF Challenge

Trophies and Prizes for the Temecula WFTF Challenge

January 30th, 2017, 2:55 pm #1

In honor of the upcoming Temecula WFTF Challenge in May I will be supplying the winners with trophies for the 2 day match.

I have made 6 trophies total … Gold, Silver and Bronze - 1st/2nd/3rd place finish respectively for both the PCP and Spring Piston Classes.

So dust of those 12ft lb air rifles and start practicing for those infamous Temecula ‘ZOMBIE’ winds ..

you know …. the ones that come at you from all sides, suddenly die and then come back to life blowing stronger than ever …. LOL ….

So in consideration of those vicious ‘Zombie’ winds I will also be giving each winner a brand new Zombie Field Target by Crossman.

Anyway I hope you like them - They are made from Red oak with a Golden Oak stain and high gloss Tung oil finish.

The center medallions and the plaques are engraved brass. 

All the best and I look forward to seeing you all in May at LD’s ranch.

Continued safe shooting to all.

James Brinkley

lhd

January 30th, 2017, 7:05 pm #2

Wow James, what a fantastic gesture! I'm near speechless. A "thank you" doesn't convey my gratitude! Beautiful targets for sure!

As you may have heard, ANOTHER California shooter, Scott Hull, has also graciously volanteered to provide all the official WFTF match spec targets for this Temecula match!

I truly believe this may be about the best Temecula Challenge so far! With all the nice rain, its getting pretty green around here, and with luck, there will still be a bit of green well into May. There is a specail campsite reserved for your family.

Thanks ever so much,

LD

January 31st, 2017, 1:13 am #3

In honor of the upcoming Temecula WFTF Challenge in May I will be supplying the winners with trophies for the 2 day match.

I have made 6 trophies total … Gold, Silver and Bronze - 1st/2nd/3rd place finish respectively for both the PCP and Spring Piston Classes.

So dust of those 12ft lb air rifles and start practicing for those infamous Temecula ‘ZOMBIE’ winds ..

you know …. the ones that come at you from all sides, suddenly die and then come back to life blowing stronger than ever …. LOL ….

So in consideration of those vicious ‘Zombie’ winds I will also be giving each winner a brand new Zombie Field Target by Crossman.

Anyway I hope you like them - They are made from Red oak with a Golden Oak stain and high gloss Tung oil finish.

James Brinkley
very impressive! nt

January 31st, 2017, 3:47 am #4

James Brinkley
Nice work on the targets! Sounds like a first class affair.

Greg S

January 31st, 2017, 4:15 am #5

James Brinkley
Why not this year, well, my money is tied up traveling in the opposite direction come September. Great looking trophies James. I'm sure those who earn them will cherish them for years to come. Sorry bout the them - them, bit late for me.

January 31st, 2017, 4:05 pm #6

James Brinkley

January 31st, 2017, 7:48 pm #7

James Brinkley
I am really looking forward to LD's match.

lhd

January 31st, 2017, 9:23 pm #8

Why not this year, well, my money is tied up traveling in the opposite direction come September. Great looking trophies James. I'm sure those who earn them will cherish them for years to come. Sorry bout the them - them, bit late for me.
First, the Challenge format changes nearly every year, and I doubt this year's format of WFTF-only will be popular enough to merit the extra work it entails, esp if the turnout is lower than past years that had looser rules and or more classes.

But actually, even this year's event was not going to happen, but I decided to try one more "new" (for the USA) format ... that of ACTUALLY applying recent World type rules rather than the "so called" WFTF Class effort that the AAFTA org deemed suitable to represent. SO, I decided to host a match that more closely simulates most every aspect of a "World type match" except the number of days, and considerations based on teams and a much smaller number of competitors. Because I know soe local shooters in the same bat as myself, that of being physically unable to get up and down so many times over two days, I've also amended the equipment rules to allow use of a stool/bipod combo similar to Hunter class, but with no other equipment or shooting style changes.

The match is held on my private property, and I have, in the past 16 years, I've done much of the work personally, beginning months ahead, but advancing age and reduced health are taking a toll. I doubt I have another two day event in me.

So if you really want to shoot a two-day WFTF only match, I'd say this is the very first in the country, and perhaps the last many will every see.

January 31st, 2017, 10:55 pm #9

there will be additional classes ... i.e. . Hunter WFTF for both PCP and Sringers ?

Or are you planning on incorporating everybody into a single class and just have a PCP division and a Spring Piston division ...

I'd rather not have to make more awards .. LOL

Stay well

James B

February 1st, 2017, 2:49 am #10

James Brinkley
I was on the fence for a while after your announcement.