trigger mod ?s

trigger mod ?s

December 30th, 2008, 2:01 pm #1

Disco came with threaded trigger group(screw mod),are they 6-32 threads as suggested from info available on websites? Just wondering because I don't want to screw up something that's already done for me.
Thanks
Mike

December 30th, 2008, 6:22 pm #2

I heard the same thing too so I just ran a 6-32 tap in each hole to be sure.

December 31st, 2008, 3:38 am #3

Disco came with threaded trigger group(screw mod),are they 6-32 threads as suggested from info available on websites? Just wondering because I don't want to screw up something that's already done for me.
Thanks
Mike
I've been to 3 hardware stores and none of them had the set-screws for trigger mods. I was going to use a machine screw but thought it might contact the stock when assembled. One more store to check in the morning.....

December 31st, 2008, 5:33 am #4

Thanks
Mike
size though...

Regards,

Tony

December 31st, 2008, 3:12 pm #5

Thanks
Mike
I just did the trigger mod on mine and used the 6-32 as suggested. I could not find the setscrews either so I used machine screws and they did contact the stock. I used a dremel tool and put a small notch in the back of the hole which is not visible from underneath and it works fine.

December 31st, 2008, 3:25 pm #6

I've been to 3 hardware stores and none of them had the set-screws for trigger mods. I was going to use a machine screw but thought it might contact the stock when assembled. One more store to check in the morning.....
1/2" long 6-32 ss set screws.

jeffapad at cs dot com

Jeff P

January 2nd, 2009, 7:11 am #7

I just did the trigger mod on mine and used the 6-32 as suggested. I could not find the setscrews either so I used machine screws and they did contact the stock. I used a dremel tool and put a small notch in the back of the hole which is not visible from underneath and it works fine.
I found them at Orchard Supply Hardware.